GT: Buffalo at Bucky - 2:30 - FS1

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Re: GT: Buffalo at Bucky - 2:30 - FS1 

Post#81 » by Mags FTW » Mon Sep 4, 2023 6:32 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
tski1972 wrote:To those that were at the game, was the in-house entertainment as bad as Twitter would have us believe?

I'm not sure what was on Twitter but I guess I can share; I didn't want to complain because I would just sound like an old man yelling at clouds (which, I mean, fair).

The pumped-in music was so loud you could not talk to the person next to you. In the first half, they were playing said music at every opportunity, even between plays, which was honestly super awkward especially when Buffalo was running tempo. Not just like some generic upbeat get loud thing for third down. I mean they were playing songs in between plays. It felt different than years past. It also completely drowned-out the PA and refs, so really you just could not hear anything.

It was better in the second half so I think someone got the memo. I don't mind they added a DJ and want to play some pumped-in music, but volume aside I still think it takes away from the Wisconsin (and really any traditional B10 team) gameday experience when the band is basically just relegated to halftime. Pump-in music during timeouts if you want and leave the rest to the band.

Wisconsin started working with sports production company Van Wagner this year to generate new looks and content for the video boards and change the overall presentation during games.

Like 'a bad frat party': Fans take Wisconsin to task for Camp Randall speaker volume

https://badgerextra.com/sports/football/wisconsin-football-camp-randall-speaker-volume/article_eb5c4c88-4acb-11ee-a8ff-d380196588d0.html
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,680

Post#82 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Sep 4, 2023 7:17 pm

Ok, so at the very least I'm glad that it wasn't just me.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#83 » by BUCKnation » Mon Sep 4, 2023 8:04 pm

Yeah, probably just trying something new and going very poorly
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#84 » by Mags FTW » Mon Sep 4, 2023 8:30 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Yeah, probably just trying something new and going very poorly

"Re-imagining™️ the Gameday experience"
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Post#85 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 9:26 pm

I am curious how they Correct it going forward. I know for years Badger Gamedays have been considered pretty boring as far as college football is concerned, but it seems like they'll have a hard time trying to implement new stuff without also alienating a large chunk of their season ticket holders.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#86 » by jute2003 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 10:25 pm

MVP2110 wrote:I am curious how they Correct it going forward. I know for years Badger Gamedays have been considered pretty boring as far as college football is concerned, but it seems like they'll have a hard time trying to implement new stuff without also alienating a large chunk of their season ticket holders.
That will for sure be the challenge. A big percentage of the old farts won't be happy with anything resembling change. Neil diamond is about as risque as they get.

By the sounds of it, van Wagner effed it up pretty spectacularly though.
only a fan, only an opinion
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,680

Post#87 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Sep 4, 2023 11:04 pm

There are definitely some good compromises I think. Keep a DJ and have them talk with the crowd and encourage them to make noise (it worked for the students, at least), play pop and hip hop/rap/whatever you want during timeouts when there isn't an honoree being presented, and keep playing some pump-up music on third down. But keep the volume reasonable so you don't drown-out the refs and keep people from talking to each other, and don't forget you have one of the best bands in the country.

This would be like steering into some of the things they did before but could have done more of, as opposed to flipping the table over. Someone just really didn't consider balance when they put the changes in.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#88 » by BUCKnation » Wed Sep 6, 2023 12:32 pm

Doesn't help either that the stoppages have seemingly gone up 150% from previous years
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,501

Post#89 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 6, 2023 12:57 pm

Heard some clips from McIntosh yesterday, they are definitely going to be making some changes.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers