Falcons Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,058

Falcons Lead Up 

Post#1 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:01 am

We open as 1 point faves for our trip to the ATL.

Need to stop their running game. Bijan and Allgeier will be tough to handle.

Hopefully we don't have too many lingering injuries. Would love to see Watson make his return and burn those corners.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,849

Re: Falcons Lead Up 

Post#2 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:28 am

Kyle Pitts has been a total bust which means he's gonna light us up.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#3 » by LikeABosh » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:13 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:Kyle Pitts has been a total bust which means he's gonna light us up.

I don't think that's fair to him. 1000 yards and a pro bowl appearance his rookie year. Last year they couldn't even break 3000 yards passing as a team

Just look at DJ Moore in yesterday's game. He's either washed or the Bears don't have a QB that can get him the ball. I think we know which one it is
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#4 » by skones » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:33 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:Kyle Pitts has been a total bust which means he's gonna light us up.

Not with the way Arthur Smith refuses to use him. Sell out against the run and let's roll em.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#5 » by M-C-G » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:09 pm

LikeABosh wrote:

I don't think that's fair to him. 1000 yards and a pro bowl appearance his rookie year. Last year they couldn't even break 3000 yards passing as a team

Just look at DJ Moore in yesterday's game. He's either washed or the Bears don't have a QB that can get him the ball. I think we know which one it is

PItts also had a 20+ yard play that was called back because of an illegal shift. But it is baffling they don't use him more, but even more baffling was that Drake London played almost every offensive snap and didn't even have 1 catch. They need to get rid of that coach and get a real QB.

That Bijan TD catch was almost unbelievable.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#6 » by M-C-G » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:11 pm

skones wrote:

Not with the way Arthur Smith refuses to use him. Sell out against the run and let's roll em.

I agree, it will be a good test to see if we got the big bodies to make it happen. They know what they are going to do, we know what they are going to do, they know we know, but can we stop it?

I thought the D line looked pretty good but this will be a big test.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,327

Post#7 » by Mags FTW » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:56 pm

#8 overall pick Drake London with 1 target yesterday.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,376

Post#8 » by MoreTrife » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:11 pm

Quay took a nasty hit, we'll see if he gets through the protocol this week.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#9 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:16 pm

I'm not blaming Arthur Smith for trying to work around the fact that Desmond Ridder isn't a quality NFL quarterback. I think everyone in that organization knows they should be in the Drake Maye sweepstakes (they're probably not bad enough to get Williams) two months from now. Same exact gameplan vs. Chicago should be implemented against these dudes. Bring pressure and force them to throw. Unlike Chicago though, I think that Atlanta defense is legit. This'll be a bigger test for Love and hopefully Watson is good-to-go.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,058

Post#10 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:21 pm

Yeah, I think we need to remind ourselves that the Bears were an awful team last year. The Falcons weren't that much better, but still, this team needs to be prepared for stiffer competition.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#11 » by skones » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:37 pm

I don't expect Watson to go, but this offense is Aaron Jones anyway. He's the guy that makes everything work for us offensively. Because of that, it makes A LOT more sense as to why we inquired about Taylor. I'd feel a ton more comfortable about this team if we stopped with the AJ Dillon BS and gave Wilson some run or went out and nabbed Kareem Hunt or Fournette.

Dillon looked like he could be a guy in 2021, but the returns on him last year and yesterday were troubling. His pad level is just bad. He runs too damn high for a guy his size and doesn't take advantage of any of his leverage.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#12 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:45 pm

skones wrote:I don't expect Watson to go, but this offense is Aaron Jones anyway. He's the guy that makes everything work for us offensively. Because of that, it makes A LOT more sense as to why we inquired about Taylor. I'd feel a ton more comfortable about this team if we stopped with the AJ Dillon BS and gave Wilson some run or went out and nabbed Kareem Hunt or Fournette.

Dillon looked like he could be a guy in 2021, but the returns on him last year and yesterday were troubling. His pad level is just bad. He runs too damn high for a guy his size and doesn't take advantage of any of his leverage.
I've been a fan of Dillon but I agree with the others who have pointed out he looked slower yesterday. Not encouraging.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#13 » by M-C-G » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:21 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
skones wrote:I don't expect Watson to go, but this offense is Aaron Jones anyway. He's the guy that makes everything work for us offensively. Because of that, it makes A LOT more sense as to why we inquired about Taylor. I'd feel a ton more comfortable about this team if we stopped with the AJ Dillon BS and gave Wilson some run or went out and nabbed Kareem Hunt or Fournette.

I've been a fan of Dillon but I agree with the others who have pointed out he looked slower yesterday. Not encouraging.

Yeah, I was a big Dillon guy especially after that Tennessee game. But kind of makes sense why we were in on Jon Taylor now. There just doesn't seem to be much there, just kind of solid 4-7 yard runs. That is kind of UDFA level value at this stage in the NFL.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#14 » by jimmybones » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:30 pm

The Jonathan Taylor idea was a little confusing at first mention but it makes sense if the thought process is that he's better than any potential WR's available. Jones and Taylor together would be sick and both can be factors in the passing game, imagine sets with them on the field together and one of them motioning out of the backfield. Not to mention obviously depth and keeping each other fresh.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Post#15 » by Profound23 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:34 pm

You know who would complement Aaron Jones well in this offense?

Jamaal Williams
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#16 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:36 pm

Profound23 wrote:

You know who would complement Aaron Jones well in this offense?

Jamaal Williams
Yeah just giving him the modest contract he got from Detroit and then not using a 2nd rd pick on a RB was probably the right play.

Edit, I just remembered that Williams was still there for a year when they made the pick. Even worse because RB is a position you should never take until you need it since you might not give that guy a second contract.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Post#17 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:47 pm

The AJ Dillon pick is probably the single most confusing pick made in the Gutey era
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,704

Post#18 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:49 pm

Dillon already looks like he's lost a bunch of explosiveness and that's always the risk with these guys. Probably worth pointing out that he already had some decent mileage on him the second he was drafted (845 carries at Boston College). Lot of people have crushed MLF at times for not getting Jones more touches, but it's hard to argue with the results considering he looks like he hasn't lost a step at all.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#19 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:08 pm

Quay is in concussion protocol.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#20 » by BUCKnation » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:09 pm

Dillon just looks bad. Easy pass on him next offseason unless he turns into a different player

Return to Green Bay Packers