Game 2: Packers at Falcons - Noon - Fox - Jenkins probable MCL sprain

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Re: Game 2: Packers at Falcons - Noon - Fox 

Post#501 » by Profound23 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:39 am

trwi7 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Should've been a TD for Hollins...that was great footwork. I would've given it to him, but oh well.

Profound as a referee.

"After reviewing the play. Close enough."

Yeah, on super athletic plays if it's 50/50 I'm giving the player the call.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#502 » by trwi7 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:49 am

Profound23 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Should've been a TD for Hollins...that was great footwork. I would've given it to him, but oh well.

Profound as a referee.

It...wasn't 50/50.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#503 » by skones » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:59 am

trwi7 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Profound as a referee.

It...wasn't 50/50.

You're right, it should have been a touchdown. I'm not sure how you can enforce that toes establish yourself in bounds on the sideline and not in the endzone. That seems like a huge inconsistency. Both toes looked like they were clearly down and inbounds before his left heel hit.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,681

Post#504 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:03 am

skones wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

It...wasn't 50/50.

You're right, it should have been a touchdown. I'm not sure how you can enforce that toes establish yourself in bounds on the sideline and not in the endzone. That seems like a huge inconsistency. Both toes looked like they were clearly down and inbounds before his left heel hit.

But that's a rule issue, not a call issue. My understanding is if your heel comes down as part of the catch movement - like falling backwards, toe taps first, but heel naturally comes down - your entire foot, heel included, is part of consideration for the catch. If your heel doesn't come down as part of the catch - falling forwards, so you just drag your toes - your foot is just the toe of your shoe.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#505 » by skones » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:08 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
skones wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
It...wasn't 50/50.

But that's a rule issue, not a call issue. My understanding is if your heel comes down as part of the catch movement - like falling backwards, toe taps first, but heel naturally comes down - your entire foot, heel included, is part of consideration for the catch. If your heel doesn't come down as part of the catch - falling forwards, so you just drag your toes - your foot is just the toe of your shoe.

Agree, if that's the rule, it is a dumb one.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Re: Game 2: Packers at Falcons - Noon - Fox - Jenkins probable MCL sprain 

Post#506 » by Treebeard » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:09 am

The NFL has some arbitrary rules enforced ambiguously and some ambiguous rules enforced arbitrarily...
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,341

Re: Game 2: Packers at Falcons - Noon - Fox - Jenkins probable MCL sprain 

Post#507 » by HKPackFan » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:23 am

Love took one sack where a free lber moved up late and got a free shot at love.

That was the one time I was like.... Oh Rodgers you devil, that's why you would hold the snap until just about 01 or 00 on the play clock. To get that guy to commit and either change play/protection adjust accordingly.

For all the annoyance of seeing Rodgers use TOs he had an incredible command of the LOS and watching what the D was doing.

It was different watching a younger offense struggle with the play clock at times, and even MLF having to take a bigger role in watching it.

Part of the growing pains, but it did have me give a internal nod to Rodgers with his gamesmanship before the ball was snapped.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,587

Post#508 » by Profound23 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:54 pm

skones wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
skones wrote:

Agree, if that's the rule, it is a dumb one.

Yeah, then it was the right call but a dumb rule.

It was an amazing play either way.

Return to Green Bay Packers