Saints Leadup

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,055

Re: Saints Leadup 

Post#21 » by humanrefutation » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:15 am

Saints have a good defense. It'll be a nice test for Love.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#22 » by skones » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:28 am

The turf issue is compounded by a major footwear issue in the NFL. It's not as commonplace in the US as it is overseas, but there are soccer cleats explicitly made for Artificial Grass (AG Soleplate) specifically because aggressive sole plates can cause issues. While NFL players certainly switch up their footwear, one look at the stud patterns and it's pretty obvious that they shouldn't be wearing them on these types of surfaces.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,055

Post#23 » by humanrefutation » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:46 pm

Read on Twitter
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#24 » by Treebeard » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:04 pm

skones wrote:The turf issue is compounded by a major footwear issue in the NFL. It's not as commonplace in the US as it is overseas, but there are soccer cleats explicitly made for Artificial Grass (AG Soleplate) specifically because aggressive sole plates can cause issues. While NFL players certainly switch up their footwear, one look at the stud patterns and it's pretty obvious that they shouldn't be wearing them on these types of surfaces.

Which begs the question, why aren't those types of cleats used more often here?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,682

Post#25 » by Matches Malone » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Post#26 » by MVP2110 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:25 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Glad I'll be at the game and don't have to listen to Vilma for a 2nd straight week
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,501

Post#27 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:02 pm

Accessing tickets via the new app is currently not working lol. Fortunately I put season tickets in my Apple wallet.

ETA once you update the app and open it you have to log out and log back in, then it works.

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#28 » by BUCKnation » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:23 am

Saints have a good defense and will likely ugly it up a bit. Scared about the soft zone dealing with Olave and Thomas on crossing routes. That said, I don't think they are super good and we should expect to win this one, especially at home and especially if we have a shot to be a playoff team.
Marley2Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 2,426

Post#29 » by Marley2Hendrix » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:28 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof
You gotta make it sexy! Hips and nips, otherwise I'm not eating.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Treebeard » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:49 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't care if the radio call and TV are out of sync, I'll take Laravee, McCarren, and Kuhn.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#31 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:57 am

Interesting to see who practices tomorrow. Bahk won't for sure but I'd love to see Jones and Watson at least be limited participants.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#32 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:38 pm

Brad Rogers and crew officiating.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#33 » by skones » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:04 pm

Treebeard wrote:
skones wrote:The turf issue is compounded by a major footwear issue in the NFL. It's not as commonplace in the US as it is overseas, but there are soccer cleats explicitly made for Artificial Grass (AG Soleplate) specifically because aggressive sole plates can cause issues. While NFL players certainly switch up their footwear, one look at the stud patterns and it's pretty obvious that they shouldn't be wearing them on these types of surfaces.

I mean, we're talking the NFL, where under the table PEDs are likely rampant and explosion is everything. It would be a league wide transition and that's likely the reason for them not to use them. Guys wearing traditional aggressive soleplates will be at higher risk of injury but have a lot more bite to their cuts, guys with an AG soleplate would have less bite but far lower risk of injury. It's a trade off.

It would be really interesting to see injury data by position on some of these turf fields. Example, if lineman are at far higher risk, them wearing AG could probably solve quite a few issues. That's all feet in tight spaces stuff with enormous bodies, one stud sticks in the turf and it's an issue.

People change up their footwear all the time for Soccer at Uihlein for example particularly after injury in indoor. (I did not because I'm stupid, but my big slow ass needs all the help he can get) Neymar for example, with his history, has been known to wear an AG soleplate on a variety of surfaces not specifically made for them to reduce stress. It's wild that the NFL basically uses "metal (SG-Soft Ground) or really aggressive molded."
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#34 » by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Treebeard » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:42 pm

skones wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

I mean, we're talking the NFL, where under the table PEDs are likely rampant and explosion is everything. It would be a league wide transition and that's likely the reason for them not to use them. Guys wearing traditional aggressive soleplates will be at higher risk of injury but have a lot more bite to their cuts, guys with an AG soleplate would have less bite but far lower risk of injury. It's a trade off.

It would be really interesting to see injury data by position on some of these turf fields. Example, if lineman are at far higher risk, them wearing AG could probably solve quite a few issues. That's all feet in tight spaces stuff with enormous bodies, one stud sticks in the turf and it's an issue.

People change up their footwear all the time for Soccer at Uihlein for example particularly after injury in indoor. (I did not because I'm stupid, but my big slow ass needs all the help he can get) Neymar for example, with his history, has been known to wear an AG soleplate on a variety of surfaces not specifically made for them to reduce stress. It's wild that the NFL basically uses "metal (SG-Soft Ground) or really aggressive molded."

One more sidebar and I'll leave this as a headscratcher.... Your point about the mass of OLine and Dline guys is interesting. Most of the Soccer players I can think of are not carrying that weight, and maybe basic physics (mass x acceleration) plays a key role between the sports. I'd be curious to see if World Cup level Rugby players encounter similar turf concern issues to the NFL. Some of the male players at that level are as big and as fast as NFL linemen.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#36 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:49 pm

Speaking of lineman I'm surprised getting rolled up on injuries like Jenkins doesn't happen like 5 times a game to lineman on both sides. Such big bodies being thrown around.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#37 » by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#38 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:03 pm

New Orleans has allowed 20 or fewer points in 10 straight games. That is their longest streak as a franchise and the longest streak in the league since the 2018-2019 seasons.

The Saints have allowed a league-low 7.2 quarterback rating on throws 10 or more yards downfield, allowing 8-of-26 attempts to be completed (30.8%) for 119 yards (4.6 Y/A) with three interceptions.

Jordan Love is averaging a touchdown pass once every 66.0 passing yards, the highest rate in the league. The league average is one passing touchdown for every 169.3 passing yards to open the season.

19.2% of Love’s pass attempts have been deemed inaccurate per TruMedia, the highest rate in the league.

Love has completed -8.6% of his passes below expectation, the lowest rate over the opening two weeks.

45.2% of the rushing attempts against Green Bay have gained five or more yards, the highest rate in the league through two weeks.

31.11% of the New Orleans passing yardage has come after the catch, the lowest rate in the league.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#40 » by Treebeard » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:54 am

To my feeble mind, the predictable pattern will be for Love to roll right more often to avoid the expected heavy rush from the left. That and more quick hitter passes, also to avoid the rush. I doubt he's going to have much time to set in the pocket for long downfield throws.

Gee, maybe the Saints won't program for those moves.....

If Bakh is problematic week to week and Jenkins is definitely sidelined for several weeks, MLF better start pulling some magic out of his playbook.

Return to Green Bay Packers