ImageImage

GT: Bucky at Goofs - 11/25 - 2:30 - FS1

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: GT: Bucky at Goofs - 11/25 - 2:30 - FS1 

Post#61 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:36 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Why does Minny get priority over other 5-7 teams?

Academic Progress Rating. They're top 10 in the country, and that's the tiebreaker.

https://www.startribune.com/gophers-football-bowl-game-eligibility-academic-progress-rate/600320410/

Before anyone has even bothered to check/ask, yes, Fleck has *already* smarmily gushed about the academics they have discussing this last night.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,288

Post#62 » by Finn » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:09 pm

Is there some reason he shouldn't be proud of his school's academic rating?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#63 » by trwi7 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:16 pm

Finn wrote:Is there some reason he shouldn't be proud of his school's academic rating?

Just imagine Fleck talking about it and you can understand why nobody wants to hear it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#64 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:18 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Finn wrote:Is there some reason he shouldn't be proud of his school's academic rating?

Just imagine Fleck talking about it and you can understand why nobody wants to hear it.

Exactly right. Call it dumb but Northwestern’s coach could say the same thing word-for-word and it would draw two completely different reactions. But Fleck also does go a bit over the top on it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,015

Post#65 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:06 pm

Could be a Fleck vs Kill bowl game
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,737

Post#66 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:08 pm

Really solid end to the (regular) season. Outside of the Northwestern game, losing my mind over 10 straight 3rd down conversions given up, I feel pretty even-keeled about how the season went, what the staff was able to accomplish with the talent that was left, etc. It didn't look like how many (general public / peripheral fans) expected - unfairly - but I'm still excited to see where we can go from here as the staff bring their own guys in.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#67 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:06 pm

I won't link to it, but I will put my hand up that I was wrong in last year's axe game. I thought it was the coming out party for Kaliakmanis, who was a highly-regarded QB recruit, vs. others who said, "we let this guy throw for 300 yards?" The only reason their offense moved the ball a bit this year was his ability to throw passes so bad they drew DPI.

Sounds like they're going portalling for QB.

The bigger question is whether we will or not. I think we should but Fickell and staff would know best.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#68 » by skones » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:39 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I won't link to it, but I will put my hand up that I was wrong in last year's axe game. I thought it was the coming out party for Kaliakmanis, who was a highly-regarded QB recruit, vs. others who said, "we let this guy throw for 300 yards?" The only reason their offense moved the ball a bit this year was his ability to throw passes so bad they drew DPI.

The bigger question is whether we will or not. I think we should but Fickell and staff would know best.

It is my expectation that we will be going to the portal each and every year whether we need to or not. Upgrades are upgrades when it comes to talent and the current landscape is such that you leave no stone unturned. Not exploring your options would be malpractice.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#69 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:42 pm

skones wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:I won't link to it, but I will put my hand up that I was wrong in last year's axe game. I thought it was the coming out party for Kaliakmanis, who was a highly-regarded QB recruit, vs. others who said, "we let this guy throw for 300 yards?" The only reason their offense moved the ball a bit this year was his ability to throw passes so bad they drew DPI.

It is my expectation that we will be going to the portal each and every year whether we need to or not. Upgrades are upgrades when it comes to talent and the current landscape is such that you leave no stone unturned. Not exploring your options would be malpractice.

Agree...there's also an interesting angle that you have Locke, who might be decent but also I think has a ceiling (literally his height). You also have his brother committed who is supposedly better.

Do you risk scaring both off for greener pastures?

Ideally, they hit the portal one last time for your starter and then start to have their own guys (2nd year Mettauer, RS junior Locke, etc.) in 2025 if you can keep it all in place.

Return to Green Bay Packers