ImageImage

Packers draft

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

westsideWALK
Freshman
And1: 0

Packers draft 

Post#1 » by westsideWALK » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:37 pm

this is what i hope happens in the draft, first we trade robert freguson, marquand manuel and our 1st pick and one our sevens to the pats for the 24th and 28th pick
24-Lynch-fill our rb situation
28-Meriweather- can play both saftey spots and can cover like a cb
37- Zach Miller-just as good as greg olson just not as fast
With our third pick we would trade it and KGB for Randy Moss and their 4th rounder pick
100-lorenzo booker-he was the no. 1 prospect out of high school just step into a bad situation at Flordia State he is bryant westbrook type player he can be our third down back
112- Dan Banzuin- gives some added depth at the defensive line and hes a playmaker
157-Courtney Brown- a small school but has chance to be a big talent he can add depth to our cb
193-Paul Soliai- big DT can mold in to a better player
228-Cory Anderson-will be a starting FB can't really catch but is a good blocker
235- traded
243-Jason Capizzi- a big offensive lineman- depth
we would sign
Andre Bennet- a big offensive lineman-depth
Ryan Powdrell- a FB who can do it all but just need some more experience
he was a LB can possibly play spiecial teams
We would also trade noah herron for tory james and sign stephan davis as insurence policy

WE would get everything we need RB,TE,S,FB,CB depth,OL and DL depth.

:pray: :nod:
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#2 » by SugarRay34 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:06 pm

Why would we ever want to waste 2 picks in the first 3 rounds on RB. And Lynch might have dropped but he aint dropping to 24
westsideWALK
Freshman

Post#3 » by westsideWALK » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:26 pm

maybe because our running backs our worth anything now and on top of that we need to take some pressure of brett farve from doing everything so we wont have so many interceptions and turnovers and lynch has been seen going into the second round because of injurie problems with his back and no body really needs him or they have more glaring needs the only team i see taking him is titans but i doubt it
SugarRay34
Veteran

Post#4 » by SugarRay34 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:25 am

Yeah that doesnt mean we need to wast 2 of our first 4 picks on RB. We can still get a very quality player at pick 100 defintly dont need 2 RB in the 1st 100. Id argue we dont even need a RB at all. Im fine with Morency.
westsideWALK
Freshman

Post#5 » by westsideWALK » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:58 am

so your ok with a player that hasnt started for a team his entire career and hasnt showed enough to be starter i mean u cant be serious and on top of that really think he wont be our main RB after the first day in the draft Thast the reason Brett hasnt been so great the last couple of years because of the running game if u havent noticed since our running game gone downhill, brett interceptions have gone up, We need as much talent and depth at running back what would you use those "wasted" picks on
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#6 » by El Duderino » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:40 am

this is what i hope happens in the draft, first we trade robert freguson, marquand manuel and our 1st pick and one our sevens to the pats for the 24th and 28th pick

Why the hell would the Pats want our spare parts/trash?Hell,if Manuel and Ferguson were were on the waiver wire,i doubt the Pats would even bother with either one,much less trade for them.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#7 » by Mags FTW » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:43 am

El Duderino wrote:Why the hell would the Pats want our spare parts/trash?Hell,if Manuel and Ferguson were were on the waiver wire,i doubt the Pats would even bother with either one,much less trade for them.

Exactly. This is like one of the many horrible trade proposals you see on the jsonline board.

And feel free to throw a period into your posts every once in awhile WW.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#8 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:52 pm

westsideWALK wrote:maybe because our running backs our worth anything now and on top of that we need to take some pressure of brett farve from doing everything so we wont have so many interceptions and turnovers and lynch has been seen going into the second round because of injurie problems with his back and no body really needs him or they have more glaring needs the only team i see taking him is titans but i doubt it

And you call yourself a Packer fan.

:wavefinger:
Do it for Chuck
SugarRay34
Veteran

Post#9 » by SugarRay34 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:15 pm

So wait your talking about a guy who has been in the league 2 years right. Morency is young and showed me enough last year with the limited carries he had that he can be a productive back in this system. This is the stupidest discussion. Why in the world we ever want 3 RB that are under 24 years when we have soo many other holes to fill depth wise.

westsideWALK wrote:so your ok with a player that hasnt started for a team his entire career and hasnt showed enough to be starter i mean u cant be serious and on top of that really think he wont be our main RB after the first day in the draft Thast the reason Brett hasnt been so great the last couple of years because of the running game if u havent noticed since our running game gone downhill, brett interceptions have gone up, We need as much talent and depth at running back what would you use those "wasted" picks on
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#10 » by DelaneyRudd » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:20 pm

westsideWALK wrote:maybe because our running backs our worth anything now and on top of that we need to take some pressure of brett farve from doing everything so we wont have so many interceptions and turnovers and lynch has been seen going into the second round because of injurie problems with his back and no body really needs him or they have more glaring needs the only team i see taking him is titans but i doubt it

Oooooh. Total credability killer. Maybe you should edit that. :o
westsideWALK
Freshman

Post#11 » by westsideWALK » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:42 am

wow yall know how to criticize someone but no of you actually talk about the draft you talk about whats wrong make a suggestion to make it better i really dont see whats wrong with taking players that are needed and developing them instead of having veterans that no one else wants and morency is 27 and we would have two rookies and about the favre thing my computer changed it so calm down

If u dont remeber the pats took jabar gaffeny off waivers and i think ferguson is better and can help them in many ways and they need plenty of secondary help

where would we need depth other places that i didn't address
westsideWALK
Freshman

Post#12 » by westsideWALK » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:00 am

oh yea by the way Panthers,Atlanta, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Jets, Tennessee, Denver and pats all had more than one rb under 24 and its probably more
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#13 » by eagle13 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:53 pm

westsideWALK wrote:wow yall know how to criticize someone but no of you actually talk about the draft you talk about whats wrong make a suggestion to make it better i really dont see whats wrong with taking players that are needed and developing them instead of having veterans that no one else wants and morency is 27 and we would have two rookies and about the favre thing my computer changed it so calm down

If u dont remeber the pats took jabar gaffeny off waivers and i think ferguson is better and can help them in many ways and they need plenty of secondary help

where would we need depth other places that i didn't address

IF you read the previous long post that was on Bucks forum you'd see there was lots of specific talk. Unfrotunately I guess MD blew it away when trying to transfer it here? Anyway then there's my thread on this forum. Now I do not name players - seems silly for any round past 2 - but I did list positions.

Don't sweat the criticism. IF you can't handle it you're not going to do well here. No matter how satisfied you are with yourself with the wisdom of any post you make - your gonna get more thumbs downs then up. Just the way it is. Lots of opinions. So don't take it personal. Expect to get flamed.

As for your postions - Personally I think CB is much more important than S. You take a S high and a CB low. I'd switch those. Underwood returning from injury may be starter at S and our CBs are getting old and we need to start developing a real prospect. IF S is needed then Blackmon can always be tried there. S is important but CB is tougher position and apparentyl a reasonably deep draft for CB.

As for 2 RBs? Guess my question is next year is suppose to be big year for RBs. That this year is thin. So I can see taking one this year since its critical if we don't trade for one but two in a bad year? Nothing wrong with 2 RBs in one year - just not this year IMO.

Return to Green Bay Packers