ImageImage

2007 Draft, Round 1: Who do you want?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#21 » by wichmae » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:07 pm

I have changed my mind. If Lynch is gone then I want Darelle Revis or Reggie nelson.
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#22 » by SugarRay34 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:31 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I really like Meachem as well. I've always liked Lynch, but I'm okay with passing on him if they question his character or want to go after a RB in next year's stellar class. I've always liked Aaron Ross, though it sounds like Darrell Revis is more in our range around 16. I'm fine with Reggie Nelson, and TGJr is growing on me since talking myself into him a few days ago.

I sound indecisive, don't I? I think when it all comes down to it, I still probably prefer Lynch. But there are a lot of names I wouldn't mind at all. There's no one I really am vehemently against. Except Hall - if he were to fall I hope we let him keep falling.

Totally agree MIG. I still havent really made my mind up at all yet. Last year it was a no brainer for me in taking Hawk. This year defintly a lot of good candidates and I would be happy with a lot of them. I think the only 2 I would wanna stay away from are Jarrett (unless somehow we trade down and pick up those NE 1sts) or Olson(Just not really sold on him). And I think Hall would be a disaster, but lucky for us I think somehow hes going to go Top 12.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,150

Post#23 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:06 pm

SugarRay34 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Totally agree MIG. I still havent really made my mind up at all yet. Last year it was a no brainer for me in taking Hawk. This year defintly a lot of good candidates and I would be happy with a lot of them. I think the only 2 I would wanna stay away from are Jarrett (unless somehow we trade down and pick up those NE 1sts) or Olson(Just not really sold on him). And I think Hall would be a disaster, but lucky for us I think somehow hes going to go Top 12.

I didn't even consider Jarrett. He' so far off the radar at #16, he might as well be Zach Miller or something.
Reggie White
Junior
And1: 5

Post#24 » by Reggie White » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:31 pm

I think that this year's draft is going to feel a lot like the year that we drafted Vonnie Holliday (and should have drafted Randy Moss?). Holliday was supposed to be a top 10 pick and just kept falling. The Packers had traded up with the Dolphins targeting Shaun Williams, a DB from UCLA, but when Holliday was there, Ron Wolf told his staff in the draft room: "GET HIM ON THE PHONE! FIND OUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM!" Nothing was wrong with him, it's just that the Carolina Panthers took Jason Peter from Nebraska instead (they chose ... poorly), so the Packers benefitted from other teams' bad choices.

I think that TT doesn't have anyone targeted at that spot. They'll build their draft board and then look to see who fell (Alan Branch from Michigan?) that should have been a Top 10 pick and either:

1) Scoop up that player, or
2) Trade down with someone else who realizes that a valuable player is there.

If it's me, and Branch is there, I try to trade down with New England and draft a WR and RB with their two 1st rounders. Either way ... I can't wait for the fireworks to begin this year. TT is going to make something happen ... but not by being flashy, but instead just building the draft board, sticking to it, and then listening to the offers as they come in.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,555

Post#25 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:36 pm

Nelson or Meachem for me.
little_cleo
Sophomore
And1: 166

Post#26 » by little_cleo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:02 am

1st round: Reggie Nelson
2nd round: Kenny Irons
mnstinks
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#27 » by mnstinks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:05 pm

Trade down and add a pick or two.

Olsen is not worthy that high, Ginn has a lot of work to do to be a true NFL WR. Not sure about Lynch.
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#28 » by SugarRay34 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:15 pm

little_cleo wrote:1st round: Reggie Nelson

Guess I wouldnt mind that. Not to sold on Kenny Irons, and Im in the group of if no Lynch no RB at all, just wait till next year. Nelson and whoever would basically make me happy
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#29 » by IrishRainbow » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:30 pm

Lynch
mnstinks
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#30 » by mnstinks » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:18 am

little_cleo wrote:1st round: Reggie Nelson

I am hoping for Irons in the 2nd round as well.

Return to Green Bay Packers