ImageImage

Effect of WR's on the running game

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Effect of WR's on the running game 

Post#1 » by Neusch23 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:39 am

I would like to see some of your opinions here.

I personally am a little bit worried about our running game for next year, even if we do draft lynch. I have never been a big fan a large expectations for rookies.

I believe, as do many that a solid running game opens up the field for your receivers, keeping the D honest.

If we put together a "Great" receiving game, how much would that help a mediocre running game?

Obvious the strength of your O line is important for both, and I hope to see even more improvement in that area from last year.

But what are your opinions on this matter? If we had Moss and Jennings and DD spreading the field, all are very solid receivers, can this help our inexperienced RB's?

What are your thoughts?
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#2 » by bigkurty » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:05 pm

I do not think a great receiving corp significantly helps the run game. I also do not believe the run game significantly helps the pass game. I think that whole theory is very overrated. I am not saying they don't help each other out but I am saying its not nearly as much as what people would think. I believe this because every single year there are teams who have great passing games and terrible run games like the AZ Cardinals for example. And every year there are teams who have great run games but terrible pass games. The first team that comes to mind would be the Ravens over the last 6 or 7 years. Almost every year up until just last year, they had awesome run games but terrible pass games. Why does this happen if they helped each other out significantly? My thinking is it's because they do not help each other out that much.
Reggie White
Junior
And1: 5

Post#3 » by Reggie White » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:20 pm

I think that the running game can help the passing game. Baltimore did win a super bowl with Trent Dilfer at QB and a strong running game ... :-)

Kyle Boller at QB is a different story ...
westsideWALK
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#4 » by westsideWALK » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:52 am

i think the running game might not directly help the wide receivers or vice versa but the running game does take some pressure off the passing game to do everything. If you can run on 3rd and 4 and make it consistently by running that will help the passing game alot

Return to Green Bay Packers