Who do we want at Lambeau?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Who do we want at Lambeau? 

Post#1 » by Jollay » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:48 am

Now thats its a given we're there for the second round...

Obviously the main candidates are TB and Seattle, with Minnesota and the Giants also possibilities, and whoever else gets in...

I would love Tampa or the Giants...less so Minny or Seattle...
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,160

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:53 am

Dallas 8)
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 141

Re: Who do we want at Lambeau? 

Post#3 » by DigitalFool » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:53 am

Jollay wrote:Now thats its a given we're there for the second round...

Obviously the main candidates are TB and Seattle, with Minnesota and the Giants also possibilities, and whoever else gets in...

I would love Tampa or the Giants...less so Minny or Seattle...

The way it looks now, we won't get Minnesota (#6 seed) first unless we have homefield throughout. I would imagine we would be playing Tampa Bay.
BrewersGM
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by BrewersGM » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:55 am

it helps to be at home
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#5 » by TheGhostDog » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:16 am

By the way, it was great to hear the guys at Fox gushing over the Pack a bit just earlier. Howie was saying that when you look at our receivers, Grant and others we are clearly outspotting other teams for young talent, and then Jimmie got all fired up about how great the Packers in EVERY facet of the game. It felt like Christmas.

As for matchups, though, considering the Pack has yet to show a let down this year against anyone (talk about good coaching and team character) the only team I am worried about is Dallas. The Pack has handled everybody else so far and I don't expect that to stop after a playoff bye, as long as they're healthy.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,261

Post#6 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:33 am

Giants.....I think Eli isn't ready for the pressure of Lambeau in January...
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 246

Post#7 » by zmanishere11 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:45 am

Well won't we be playing the winner of the 3 vs. 6 game?? In that case we'd be looking at either Seattle/Tampa Bay vs. the Vikings.

I know we handled them twice already and this might sound weird, but the one team I do not want to face is the Vikings. Here's why:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season

3. Jackson has looked like an actual QB the last few games (we haven't played them with a decent QB yet).

Even before Dallas, I am more afraid of the Queens. I haven't smoked weed in a few months, so I"m not high folks.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#8 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:49 am

zmanishere11 wrote:Well won't we be playing the winner of the 3 vs. 6 game?? In that case we'd be looking at either Seattle/Tampa Bay vs. the Vikings.

I know we handled them twice already and this might sound weird, but the one team I do not want to face is the Vikings. Here's why:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season

3. Jackson has looked like an actual QB the last few games (we haven't played them with a decent QB yet).

Even before Dallas, I am more afraid of the Queens. I haven't smoked weed in a few months, so I"m not high folks.

If we get the 2 seed, we can't play the 6 seed. If we get the 1 seed, we can't play the 3 seed.

I haven't been impressed with Seattle at all. The media thought our running game was bad? Alexander has been a shell of his former self this entire year. If you can stop their passing attack, you'll get a win. I feel pretty confident that Harris and Woodson can stop at least their two big WR threats.

The Giants wouldn't be a bad team to match up with either. I'd like to avoid Tampa at all costs because of the Cover 2 and their ability to force turnovers. They don't have much on offense, but that is the one defense that I could see giving our offense problems in January.
smacks1
Senior
And1: 15

Post#9 » by smacks1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:53 am

TheGhostDog wrote: As for matchups, though, considering the Pack has yet to show a let down this year against anyone (talk about good coaching and team character) the only team I am worried about is Dallas. The Pack has handled everybody else so far and I don't expect that to stop after a playoff bye, as long as they're healthy.

Chicago is not a playoff team, but that was definately a let down game that we should have won at home.
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#10 » by TheGhostDog » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:57 am

smacks1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Chicago is not a playoff team, but that was definately a let down game that we should have won at home.

But we didn't have a letdown versus the Bears, really. We had outgained them about 340-100ish at the half. We just turned the ball over 5 times, otherwise it would've been a rout.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:59 am

TheGhostDog wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But we didn't have a letdown versus the Bears, really. We had outgained them about 340-100ish at the half. We just turned the ball over 5 times, otherwise it would've been a rout.

Turnovers and McCarthy's worst coached game of the year killed us in that one.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#12 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:00 am

DrugBust wrote:Dallas 8)

Nobody has given this simple, yet incredibly awesome answer its proper time on this topic yet. I salute you, sir.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
smacks1
Senior
And1: 15

Post#13 » by smacks1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:02 am

Flames24Rulz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If we get the 2 seed, we can't play the 6 seed. If we get the 1 seed, we can't play the 3 seed.

Regardless of what seed we are we could play the #6 or the #3 as long as they keep winning and so does GB. In the 2 vs 6 or the 1 vs 3 scenario we would be hosting those teams in the NFC Championship game.

Imagine GB hosting Minnesota for the NFC Championship. Talk about fun!!! (not the championship game, but beating them 3 times in a season!)
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#14 » by Jollay » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:08 am

I love the fact that Dallas has two road games left, one against a division rival and one against a Carolina team that shut down a pretty good offensive team at home--well, at least half of one, as said...the Seahawks can't run at all this year.

I kind of agree with Press that Eli would be who I would like to face the most first--at least you know Garcia and Tampa will be poised and well coached.

But if Eli wins that first playoff game, his confidence might increase dramatically...
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach

Post#15 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:11 am

smacks1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Regardless of what seed we are we could play the #6 or the #3 as long as they keep winning and so does GB. In the 2 vs 6 or the 1 vs 3 scenario we would be hosting those teams in the NFC Championship game.

Imagine GB hosting Minnesota for the NFC Championship. Talk about fun!!! (not the championship game, but beating them 3 times in a season!)

Very true, I was just talking about the Divisional round though.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#16 » by El Duderino » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:14 am

I read a piece somewhere that mentioned the Packers and Patriots might not gain as much by playing at home in the playoffs as they may have in past years.

The point of the article was that both teams were explosive offenses mainly because of a great passing game and bad weather/very cold could hinder what both GB/Pats do best, spread teams out and throw. This then could keep the playoff games closer, which increases the chances of an upset.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,160

Post#17 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:25 am

I agree until we begin talking about the NFC Championship. Dallas also goes 3 and 4 wide quite often. They have a passing attack as explosive as any in the league.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#18 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:44 am

I will write a handwritten letter to the Giants to come play in Green Bay. They have a respectable defense but they are one of the more overrated teams we've seen in some time.

Their only achievements this year is winning 2 close games against Philly, a game they eeked out over Washington where the 'skins should have won it late, and a game that the Bears handed to them late in the game.

In the period where ESPN was raving about them(their six game winning streak) their wins included:
Washington and Philadelphia
and then:
Jets, 49ers, Falcons, Dolphins

So, to complete their 6 game streak they beat the 4 worst teams in the NFL and they weren't even impressive in doing so. They've been pounded twice by Dallas, we crushed them, they squeezed one out over a free-falling Detroit team, and they were pounded by the Vikings. Eli is an extremely mediocre QB and right now his line is vs. the Redskins:

7/24 52 yds. This is the 3rd quarter and they are down 22-3 to the Redskins who are being quarterbacked by Todd Collins.

I am praying for a Giants 10-7 win over Tampa and a Vikings upset of the Seahawks. I am always very pessimistic about playoff games that we are favored in because we could blow a great season with just a few stupid plays or turnovers but I would have 99% confidence with the Giants coming in.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#19 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:57 am

There will also be a mini playoff game next Sunday night in Minnesota if the Redskins win tonight and the Vikings lose tomorrow night. Whoever loses that game will be out of playoff contention unless there is a crazy tie-breaking scenario.

If the Vikings win vs. the Bears then the Redskins can easily dim their playoff hopes with a win in the metrodome by obtaining the tie-breaker and giving the Vikings a 6th confrence loss. The Saints are obviously just going to try and win out and hope that the Vikings lose once...in which case, I believe the Saints are in unless the Giants continue to flop down to 9-7 and the tie-breaking procedure comes back in(then I'm not sure, although the Giants have a good confrence record).

I just really don't want to see the Vikings. I understand that unless continue losing and they keep winning we wont, but they are playing too hot right now and I hate trying to beat a time for the 3rd time in a season, especially seeing how we crushed them last time but how much they've improved since.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,015

Post#20 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:08 am

Shockey is out with a broken leg and ankle damage. I'd love the Giants in GB but I can't see them winning in the first game, they may not even make it to the playoffs now.

Return to Green Bay Packers