mnstinks
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Randy Moss in trouble? 

Post#1 » by mnstinks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Randy Moss accused of hitting a woman; ex-Viking denies allegation
By PAUL WALSH , Star Tribune
Last update: January 16, 2008 - 12:28 PM
Former Minnesota Viking Randy Moss is in trouble again, and the allegation is that he struck a woman.
According to WDBO Radio (AM580) in Orlando, the New England Patriots star wide receiver is the target of a temporary injunction out of Broward County for protection against "date violence."
The radio report today added that Moss allegedly "committed a battery upon the victim causing serious injury and then refused to allow her to seek medical attention."
Speaking to reporters today in Boston, Moss denied any wrongdoing. "I didn't hit no woman," he said. "I've never hit a woman."
The affidavit also says that Moss cannot come within 500 feet of the victim and cannot use or possess firearms, WDBO reports. A hearing in this latest case is scheduled on Jan. 28, the radio station said. No charges have been filed. The incident comes just days before the undefeated Patriots play the San Diego Chargers in the AFC championship game. The winner goes to the Super Bowl.
In Boston, Moss told reporters in the locker room at Gillette Stadium today that he did not hurt the woman, whom he described as a friend for 11 years who in "an accident ... she hurt herself."
Then, Moss, said to the crush of reporters, "they called my attorneys trying to get X amount of dollars out of me, and if we don't give X amount of dollars to her they're going to go to the press before the game."
He said the woman is seeking a six-figure amount.
Moss added: "I don't know the whole story of what's being said... this lady by no means is hurt. I want to make very clear in my whole entire life of living, 30 years, I've never put a hand on one woman physically in an angry manner."
Moss has had several run-ins with the law starting in high school. He served time for kicking a high school classmate. He was booted from Florida State University for using marijuana and arrested for bumping a Minneapolis traffic control agent with his car. He's also been fined many times for misdeeds on the football field.
mnstinks
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Post#2 » by mnstinks » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:40 pm

If she attends the game, would he be allowed in?

:pray:

:lol:
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,073

Post#3 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:11 pm

Love the timing, lol.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 967

Post#4 » by ClassicJack » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:02 am

Just another thing for the Pats to throw on the blackboard.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,223

Post#5 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:18 am

Sparky had a great show today talking about how good it was we didn't get Randy......his primary point being that with Randy we don't develop Greg Jennings....and how far off is Jennings from Moss at this point? Not much IMO.

Hopefully this will cause them some problems out in N.E.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,325

Post#6 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:29 pm

I was a big ''Moss to the Packers'' guy last spring and even though Moss had a great season im just about ready to eat my crow.

The only reason im going to hold off though is because if the Packers & Patriots meet in the super bowl and the Pats win behind a big game by Moss its realy going to sting.

Obvioulsy if Moss is a Packer he is not on a Patriot.

I suppose you could say if we had Moss the Packers wouldnt have (this great of) a shot at the Super Bowl.Maybe but im not sure if I buy that.

I might buy that Moss on the Packers in 2007 might have hurt the Packers in 2008 because we would have only had Moss 1 season and Moss would have stunted the growth of our other WR's ecspecially Jennings going into next year as you guys already mentioned.

I'll just say if the Packers win the Super Bowl i'll eat my crow with all the fixings on the whole Randy Moss to the Packers thing.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#7 » by El Duderino » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:47 am

The only reason im going to hold off though is because if the Packers & Patriots meet in the super bowl and the Pats win behind a big game by Moss its realy going to sting.

I wanted Moss also, but i gave up caring we didn't get him awhile ago. With that said, Moss doesn't have to put up big number in the Super Bowl to have a big impact, look at Jacksonville.

They game planned to not let Moss beat them, he was double and triple covered all game. That left the other receivers with much less focus on them and Brady picked apart that Jags defense.

Wes Welker is a fine WR, but Randy Moss played a sizable role in why Welker was able to catch 112 passes. That's the problem in trying to defend the Patriots. Don't role extra coverage to Moss and he'll likely burn you for quick strike points, but if you double/triple team him, Brady picks you apart with his other weapons. Neither option is appealing.

Return to Green Bay Packers