ImageImage

OT: Milwaukee BoneCrushers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

OT: Milwaukee BoneCrushers 

Post#1 » by DH34Phan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:56 am

I worked at the Arena tonight for their inaugural event. They had a "Family Fun" night with an inter-squad scrimmage.

The dance team, The Crush, was there too. They were basically in the crowd dancing, and a bunch of guys were just sitting right behind them, very funny.

I would say anywhere from 2000-3000 people ended up showing up.

It was a good time and I think it can be a success in Milwaukee.

Anyone go, or interested in the BoneCrushers?
Fandom
Junior
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Fandom » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:09 pm

I gave serious thought to attending the open tryouts, but alas, family and work have me tied up right now and I'm not in football shape at the moment.

I played with a few of the guys on the roster in the local Ironman Football League here in Milwaukee. It looks interesting, but I've never been a fan of indoor football and it's only 7 on 7; I'll probably attend a game or two though just to check it out.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,014

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm definitely going to go to a game or two. I went to a few Mustangs games a few years back.

The most expensive ticket is $37 and the cheapest is $9. At at the old Arena there are no bad seats.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Comet » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:04 am

I will go as well.

Trust me, the AFL would do very well in Milwaukee. Football, outdoor and indoor, is big in Milwaukee and Wisconsin. We just don't have a sufficient arena.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#5 » by Profound23 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:40 am

A guy I coach with is in the process of making the team.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:55 am

Comet wrote:I will go as well.

Trust me, the AFL would do very well in Milwaukee. Football, outdoor and indoor, is big in Milwaukee and Wisconsin. We just don't have a sufficient arena.

Just so everyone understands, this is NOT the AFL (Arena Football League). This is the CIFL (Continental Indoor Football League).

Milwaukee had an AFL team a few years ago, the Mustangs. They played at the BC. Bret Bielema played for them. They were here from 1994-2001.

The Vallozzi family owned the team. They were big talkers, always lots of hot air but that's all they were.

In 2000 there was some talk about someday, maybe renovating the BC. The Vallozzi's got all hot and bothered that if there was a renovation they wouldn't have a place to play. So they moved the team to Orlando.
Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#7 » by Comet » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:33 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Just so everyone understands, this is NOT the AFL (Arena Football League). This is the CIFL (Continental Indoor Football League).

Milwaukee had an AFL team a few years ago, the Mustangs. They played at the BC. Bret Bielema played for them. They were here from 1994-2001.

The Vallozzi family owned the team. They were big talkers, always lots of hot air but that's all they were.

In 2000 there was some talk about someday, maybe renovating the BC. The Vallozzi's got all hot and bothered that if there was a renovation they wouldn't have a place to play. So they moved the team to Orlando.

I know, I said they would do well. :P

But when the Mustangs were in existence, they actually had among the highest attendance in the AFL. I went to a few games, and the atmosphere was great. It proved that football was big in Milwaukee, it just didn't provide enough revenue because of the BC. Thus, they folded.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:03 pm

The BC had nothing to do with the Bonecrushers revenue. It's not like they were selling out the place. In fact when there was talk of renovating the BC the Vallozzi boys used that as excuse to fold the team.

They never won a playoff game. They had one good year 10-4 and that was the year attendance was good.

The Vallozzi's now run the Florida Firecats of the AFL2.

They blew a lot of smoke about maybe buying the Bucks or Brewers but, as always, that's all those guys ever did. Blow smoke. They loved to be on TV and in the paper.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,073

Post#9 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:55 pm

I think this team is in the same league as the Green Bay Blizzard, who I believe have done well fan wise since starting a team. I've heard the games are a good time too, I plan on going to a few this upcoming season.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,073

Post#10 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:59 pm

I guess I was maybe wrong. The Blizzard are in the af2 league.

Return to Green Bay Packers