ImageImageImage

Round 1 Pick 11

Kal El
Rookie
And1: 0

Round 1 Pick 11 

Post#1 » by Kal El » Wed Mar 2, 2011 3:57 pm

Who do i want the texans to pick in the 1st round of the NFL Draft. Obviously a guy like Patrick Peterson would be gone by the 11th pick... the same goes with Nick Fairley and Marcell Dareus.

Lets take a look at the holes on the texans rosters.

Offense:
QB: Shaub
FG: Leach
RB: Foster
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2
TE: Daniels, Dressen
O Line: Solid

Defense
LDE: Smith
RDE: Williams, Anderson
DT:
MLB1: Ryans
MLB2: Cushing
SAM:
WILL:
LCB: Jackson
SS
FS

BIGGEST NEEDS:
1. DB (Safetey or Corner)
2. OLB
3. DT

Obviously a lot of work. Quinn is rumored to be moved to FS and he should be a much better safetey than he is a corner. he is a smart DB, just doesn't have the speed and quickness to be a corner. The team is also looking at Earl Mitchell to possibly be that DT in the new 3-4.

The players i would go for that maybe available would be DE/OLB Robert Quinn or OLB Von Miller. Von maybe gone but hopefully not both. They are the perfect players to play OLB in our new 3-4 defense. I'm really like Robert Quinn. very athletic, quick, agile, and fluid movements. he can dip low at a good angle while pass rushing, something a guy like Dwight Freeney is very very good at.

Round 2: Hopefully CB Brandon Harris from Miami is still available. yes its another rookie cornerback but its a position in need nonetheless. He will be in the mix with 2nd year corner Kareem Jackson (who is expected to make a big jump) and veteran Jason Allen who was a solid pick up for Houston in the middle of the season.

Obviously we need a little help from the free agency also and guys we have right now will continue to fill in our position of need just because they're available.
Kal El
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: Round 1 Pick 11 

Post#2 » by Kal El » Wed Mar 2, 2011 11:41 pm

Latest mock draft has Brandon Harris going mid 1st round. hopefully CB Aaron Williams can slide to us in the 2nd round. but the latest mock draft us taking DT Phil Taylor, might be a better option...

Return to Houston Texans