ImageImageImage

Andre the GM Reciever

czarleon09
Sophomore
And1: 0

Andre the GM Reciever 

Post#1 » by czarleon09 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Since the lockout started Andre has been "in talks" with Nnamdi Asomugha, Chad Ochocinco, and Antoinio Cromartie. How long before we just name the man as the new GM of the Texans.
(and yes I'm posting pseudo news out of desparation to keep the Texans board at least mildly active)
Biggie713
Ballboy

Re: Andre the GM Reciever 

Post#2 » by Biggie713 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Sup, Just joined the forums and I gotta say, It's sad to see the Texans forum so inactive.. I believe we are still on the verge of the playoffs. People don't really see what I saw last year. We had one of the worst Defensive Coordinators of all time, A person who was a young player that had a career ending injury, Didn't get much play time, Never coached before, and we asked him to take our already challenged defense to the playoffs..

Now we've added not only another year of experience to our defensive prospects, we've added even MORE prospects.

And now we don't have to worry about a defensive coordinator whose idea of defense was
"Kareem just drop back"
"Mario, Blitz the outside"
"Cushing, get the Running Back"
"Demeco, QB Spy"

I think if we somehow made a CB Acquisition of either Nnamdi or Antonio, we'd be a lock for the Playoffs. But that being said, I still believe we haven't seen the real Kareem, or Glover. And I'm excited to see Brandon Harris too.

There's alot to look forward to this year, but it's still gonna be a challenge obviously.

Is the Lockout over yet?! Jeez lol
czarleon09
Sophomore

Post#3 » by czarleon09 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm

While I don't think Kareem will be the lock down corner we are hoping for I do still think he will be far better then what we saw last year. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the whole Mario Williams as a LB thing works out (I'm hoping for DeMarcus Ware like production). Adding either Nnamdi or Cromartie would be a HUGE boost to our defense not just in talent levels but also in helping to educate some of those guy on the right way to play defense in the NFL. That being said welcome to the boards, lately its been pretty dead but when the lockout ends and the season starts it will pick up.
czarleon09
Sophomore

Post#4 » by czarleon09 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:03 pm

I recently saw on twitter that Rashad Butler doesn't feel welcom in Houston anymore and wants to play for the Redskins. Good new is after Butler said he was taking his talents to Washington Cushing responded by say he would make sure that Butlers talents were only useful in a hospital bed. Butlers not exactly a Pro Bowler but he is a servicable LT and it would be a shame to see him go plus the only other option I see for LT if Brown goes down is Newton and he's still just a rookie I'd rather not force him into that situation if I don't have to.
Biggie713
Ballboy

Post#5 » by Biggie713 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:31 am

LOL!

I didn't hear Cushing say that? That's pretty funny and well deserved if I'm asked.

Thanks for the welcome :) I hope it does pick up. And more importantly I hope the Lockout gets lifted so we can atleast make noise in FA and not just hope and dream..

Nnamdi would be the piece that gets us into the playoffs in my eyes. No way that if Wade is our D Coordinator, We have a Highly sought after CB from the draft in Kareem, The Best CB in the league in Nnamdi, A front 7 that includes: Demeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, Mario Williams, JJ Watt (well respected on draft day), Brooks Reed (also respected as a poor mans clay matthews, I assume he can improve though), Antonio Smith/Connor Barwin, and then Earl Mitchell at DT. That's pretty talented. Although DT would be our weakest point, I think the rest of our defense would be pretty close to shut down.

It would be the first time in a long time we actually FORCE turnovers instead of Committing them.

Even if we can't get Nnamdi, Ike Taylor wouldn't be a disappointing sign, only in contrast of hoping for Nnamdi.

And to be honest a WR wouldn't be a bad sign either. I don't know what WR's are on the market though aside from Plax (whom I would welcome)

Return to Houston Texans