ImageImageImage

Cushing out for the season

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Cushing out for the season 

Post#1 » by Mr. E » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Brian Cushing is out for the season with a broken fibula and a torn ACL after Jamaal Charles blocked him low at the knees.

It's pretty infuriating in the NFL that you cannot sneeze in the direction of a quarterback without getting a penalty, but it is pretty much open season on defensive players. JJ Watt was hit like this a few weeks ago, but fortunately was not injured.

Massive blow to the Texans defense.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Re: Cushing out for the season 

Post#2 » by luss54321 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45 pm

You know what's infuriating?

CHEATERS.... Like Brian "roids" Cushing... I don't know how anybody can root for a cheater. If Cushing was on my favorite NFL team I would want him cut immediately, regardless of how talented he is.

As an NFl GM said, “We did our research on him before the draft last year and we concluded he was a chronic steroid user dating back to high school. More than a few people were surprised when he passed the steroid tests at the combine. I think the guy became a pro at masking it, until he was caught"

I'm HAPPY he's injured and I hope he never comes back.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Mr. E » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 pm

You are happy that someone is injured (possibly career-ending?)

I think that you may have anger issues.
- Winston Churchill
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#4 » by zapatasblood » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Mr. E wrote:You are happy that someone is injured (possibly career-ending?)

I think that you may have anger issues.

When someone post something like that it ain't worth replying to. It is just straight ignorance and subhuman. And to have that much anger about a game is just funny
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
Dchris0407
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Dchris0407 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 pm

luss54321 wrote:You know what's infuriating?

CHEATERS.... Like Brian "roids" Cushing... I don't know how anybody can root for a cheater. If Cushing was on my favorite NFL team I would want him cut immediately, regardless of how talented he is.

As an NFl GM said, “We did our research on him before the draft last year and we concluded he was a chronic steroid user dating back to high school. More than a few people were surprised when he passed the steroid tests at the combine. I think the guy became a pro at masking it, until he was caught"

Why are you on a Texans post if you hate the Texans , go on somewhere you PEASANT and get on our level.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
luss54321
Starter

Post#6 » by luss54321 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 pm

It's not just a game.

Players like Brian Cushing are the reason that high school kids all around the country decide to take steroids. When these kids take steroids it stunts their growth and they develop serious health issues later in life. It also sends the message that cheating and lying is the way to succeed.

I also care about player safety... And it's not safe to play against players like Cushing who are pumped full of steroids and banned substances.
luss54321
Starter

Post#7 » by luss54321 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Dchris0407 wrote:
luss54321 wrote:You know what's infuriating?

Why are you on a Texans post if you hate the Texans , go on somewhere you PEASANT and get on our level.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

You must have misread my comment. I hate steroids and cheaters... I have no problem with the Texans.

And um, exactly what level are you on?

Lastly, did I just get called a peasant? haha I didn't realize it was the 7th century in a feudal society
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#8 » by Nebula1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Why can't athletes do what they want with their bodies? There are a variety of supplements for human beings, so I guess it's okay to say some are good and others are not.

Hilarious to think roids and other supplements are isolated incidents when it's likely the vast majority of athletes are doing some form of juice. And I think they should be able to do what they want.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Mr. E » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Everyone please remember the rules of RealGM when replying to one another. Everyone can make their points without name-calling or personal attacks.
- Winston Churchill
luss54321
Starter

Post#10 » by luss54321 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:43 am

Mr. E wrote:Everyone please remember the rules of RealGM when replying to one another. Everyone can make their points without name-calling or personal attacks.

Hypocritical. You said I have anger issues; that's a personal attack.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Mr. E » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:34 pm

You just expressed that you were happy about an injury to a player and that you hoped that it would be career-ending. I stand by my observation that you appear to be unusually angry about this. If you have an issue with this, then you can bring it up to the site administrators.

I do find it offensive for anyone in any sport to celebrate injuries to players.
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Mr. E » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Back on topic, there are two questions going forward:

1) Who do we expect to step up on the roster to fill the void left by Cushing? Obviously there is not a straight-up replacement, but someone has to do what they can.

2) What should the NFL do to better enforce against the type of cut-block that led to this injury?
- Winston Churchill
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#13 » by Vator » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Who will step up? Probably the same guys who did last year when he went out with the ACL. Oops...I guess that means nobody. I would type lol, but I'm really not laughing. I'm quite pissed. That block although somewhat legal was chicken bleep and I felt the same way about the hit Swearinger put on that TE during preseason. There should be no place for that in this game. Going after other player's knees is just uncalled for. I don't care what side of the ball it is.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Mr. E » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:10 am

Vator wrote:There should be no place for that in this game. Going after other player's knees is just uncalled for. I don't care what side of the ball it is.

Agreed. That's also why I haven't warmed up to Swearinger. I hate seeing stuff like that.
- Winston Churchill

Return to Houston Texans