ImageImageImage

A crack at a Texans mock

HTown34s
Senior
And1: 0

A crack at a Texans mock 

Post#1 » by HTown34s » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:27 pm

Round 1,
Pick 10: Levi Brown (OT, PSU) - Like it or not, we've made an investment in a brand new, unproven QB who's highly though of and wholly unproven. We're back to five years ago, and we need to learn from our mistakes. This organization has to protect its QB. Bottom line. Brown--wherever he projects--adds starting-quality depth to our offensive line, something in which we are severely lacking.
other picks: Amobi Okoye (DT-Louisville)/trade down possibly

Round 3
Pick 73: Fred Bennett (CB, South Carolina) - Comes from an outstanding pedigree of modern NFL corners including our very own Dunta Robinson, but also Sheldon Brown and Johnathan Joseph. A little slower than is ideal at corner, but was an experienced playmaker with otherwise-excellent physical tools. As a solid tackler, he also adds run-support to the outside, an always-valuable commodity from your Corners.
other picks: Aundrae Allison (WR-Eastern Carolina)

Round 4, Pick 103: Antonio Johnson (DT, MS)
Round 5, Pick 134: Sabby Piscitelli (S, OSU)
Round 6, Pick 167: Daniel Sepulveda (P, BU)
Round 7, Pick 198: Garrett Wolfe (RB, NIU)

What do you guys think? BTW - this is contingent of us not making any trades come draft day
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#2 » by Vator » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:37 pm

Hmm, interesting. I'll get back to you when I have some more time to post later.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#3 » by Baller 24 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:59 pm

I think were trading the 1st round pick.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
FreedomFighter
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by FreedomFighter » Thu Apr 5, 2007 12:30 am

nsballer07 wrote:I think were trading the 1st round pick.

Yea id say we trade our 1st for a late 1st and a 2nd rounder.
Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#5 » by Munchlaxatives » Thu Apr 5, 2007 4:03 am

Write it in stone, we're drafting Andy Alleman in the 3rd.
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Vator » Sat Apr 7, 2007 5:08 am

Mexican_Texan wrote:Write it in stone, we're drafting Andy Alleman in the 3rd.

What makes you so certain of that?
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Vator » Sat Apr 7, 2007 5:12 am

As far as the mock goes, I like Levi but I think we can trade down and still get this guy. We really need any number of things and from what I hear, the OL and WR are pretty deep. If Peterson isn't there at 10 I would really hope they consider trying to stockpile some additional picks because we can still get a pretty good lineman or reciever later in the round. We are pathetic, just about the only thing we don't need at this point is a QB. Everything else is open for debate.
Munchlaxatives
RealGM

Post#8 » by Munchlaxatives » Sun Apr 8, 2007 10:07 pm

vator wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What makes you so certain of that?

A lot of potential, perfect for the zone scheme, but is so raw, he'll definitely fall to the 3rd.
Munchlaxatives
RealGM

Post#9 » by Munchlaxatives » Mon Apr 9, 2007 2:28 am

Oh, and he ran a 4.9 40-yard dash, which is great for a guard.
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#10 » by Sports Arsenal » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:41 pm

Adrian Peterson in the first!!! I really think we should pick up a Wideout too, but everyone knows priority is our line...
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Vator » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:59 am

I'd love to see us draft a WR. Andre Johnson hasn't had a legit threat to line up with him since he has been in the NFL. Bradford had all the speed in the world but couldn't catch, Gaffney was slow, Moulds could catch but was over the hill. Come on, give this man some help!
Sports Arsenal
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#12 » by Sports Arsenal » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:57 am

Seriously if for some reason Brown and Peterson are gone... I would seriously consider Ted Ginn. He is pretty fast too.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#13 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:53 am

ShaqSux wrote:Seriously if for some reason Brown and Peterson are gone... I would seriously consider Ted Ginn. He is pretty fast too.

I'm (Please Use More Appropriate Word) so please forgive the following post of ignorance, but:

Why isn't Ginn rated higher? I thought he was one of the top WR's in the nation? I know he got hurt in the Champ. game but was it that serious? What am I missing?
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#14 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:10 pm

bump
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Vator » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:46 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:bump

Some people wonder about his actual football skills. Did he just get by because he could run past everybody else in college or is he actually a football player instead of just a track guy? His techniques like route running as well as his toughness and willingness to go over the middle are being questioned. His speed and talent however are undeniable!
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#16 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:13 am

vator wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Some people wonder about his actual football skills. Did he just get by because he could run past everybody else in college or is he actually a football player instead of just a track guy? His techniques like route running as well as his toughness and willingness to go over the middle are being questioned. His speed and talent however are undeniable!

I see, thank you for enlightening me sir!
nokamkjr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#17 » by nokamkjr » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:13 am

1.ginn was never truely the main guy on his team at wide out though he did make the big plays, anthony gonzales was the more consistent wide reciever this year and the previous year he had santonio holmes who is currently with the steelers lined up opposite of him, and his main question is his size and route running

2. you know id like for the texans to get a guy like ginn, but truthfully they allready have one in jerome mathis and the franchise has done a horrible job incorporating him in the offense and finding ways to get him the ball, although he has been injured recently if u cant utilize the speed of jerome mathis, do u think they could utilize the speed of ginn affectively
"I'm motivated. I realize you have to fall sometimes. It's how you pick yourself up. I had a down season last year. But I'm going to bounce back"

-Tracy Mcgrady
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#18 » by Mr. E » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:20 pm

If Anthony Gonzales is available in the third then the Texans have to grab him. I don't think that he'll still be there, tho.

I just can't shake the feeling that we're trading down from 10.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to Houston Texans