State of the Texans
In the past few months, all I
[Insert witty comment here]
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#2 » by Vator » Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:37 pm

Nice post. I'll give you my opinion later. Post some of your opinions form the Matt Schaub thread from the general board would be welcome as well. It is very opinionated and will good to possibly spark up a good debate.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Vator » Sat Apr 7, 2007 5:28 am

I don't really have many qualms with your post. My only one is I must tell you, I will NEVER forgive this organization for extending David Carr for 3 years and not taking VY. That was a huge mistake from a football standpoint, a marketing standpoint, a money standpoint, and extending and strengthening your fanbase. This one decision created so much bad blood and tension that it will literally take a SuperBowl to cure it. I have never seen one sports issue divide a city as much as this one has. Texans fans have spent an entire year battling against one another on message boards, TV, and talk radio. Vince was and is an icon. Probably one of the most popular Houston bred athletes of all time and he wanted to be here. His fans wanted him here. We would have expanded the popularity of this franchise to places like Austin and countless other cities. We would have finally had a player who captured the imagination of not only the city but around the whole NFL. A true superstar. A true face for the franchise but they freaking blew it and I can't just get over it. I can forgive and try to move forward but I can't forget. The dreams of what could and should have been will always be at the back of my mind, even if the words are never spoken.
rocket3forlife2
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by rocket3forlife2 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:14 am

I will NEVER forgive this organization for extending David Carr for 3 years and not taking VY.

me either, but atleast he went too my 2nd favorite team.
Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#5 » by Munchlaxatives » Sat Apr 7, 2007 4:57 pm

That article is by Brad Lorkovic. Please provide a link.
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Vator » Sat Apr 7, 2007 9:20 pm

Mexican_Texan wrote:That article is by Brad Lorkovic. Please provide a link.

Oh wow! Busted?!? :o

Seriously dude, if that isn't your writing you need to quote no more than 3 paragraphs of the article and post the link of where you got it from.

Or M_T can you PM me the link where you saw this so I can verify please. Thanks.

Edit: I did run across this on a couple other boards that I only lurk on like FF but the guy who posted this in those places actually seems to be this Lorkovic fellow.

Is this article actually posted somewhere other than another message board? If so provide the link and 3 paragraphs. If it just a post from a poster from another message board just give credit to the author.
Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#7 » by Munchlaxatives » Sun Apr 8, 2007 10:08 pm

As far as I know, he only posts his articles on message boards.
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Vator » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:02 pm

I guess the prolonged silence is an admission of guilt...lock

Don't plagiarize other people's ideas and pass them off as your own. :nonono:

Return to Houston Texans