ImageImageImage

A Must Read! Carr says Texans were lost in the dark

Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

A Must Read! Carr says Texans were lost in the dark 

Post#1 » by Vator » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:53 am

The sound of a true leader. This sucks. He sounds like a scared little girl.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 15703.html

"Honestly, in the last five years, we haven't had much spark, to tell you the truth," he said. "If we were stuck in a forest, it would be hard to light a fire with what we had going on."

I guess as a team leader, he didn't feel the need to try to bring a spark.

Check this in regards to the Vince Young situation...
"That was a hard point for everybody in the organization," he said. "Mario (Williams) is going to be a great player, but with the whole Reggie Bush and the Vince Young thing, I think it got bigger than a lot of us, to tell you the truth.

Weanie!

That whole last season, it was a tough place not only for me but for my teammates and the coaches. I think it was time for us to change, time for me to move on. Whatever our record was
Munchlaxatives
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#2 » by Munchlaxatives » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:08 pm

David Carr is far from being a leader. The players hated him.
I'm sorry I haven't been funny. I am not a comedian. I am Lenny Bruce.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#3 » by Baller 24 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:09 am

Mexican_Texan wrote:David Carr is far from being a leader. The players hated him.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#4 » by Vator » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:54 am

Yeah but anytime you are the quarterback of a team even down in little league, the QB is SUPPOSED to be the leader on offense and is looked to for leadership. He may not have been the leader but I was just typing from the perspective that he obviously didn't feel that he needed to be that person to step up and provide the spark that he said was missing.
Munchlaxatives
RealGM

Post#5 » by Munchlaxatives » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:36 am

Something players hated about Carr was the unlimited job security Carr had. They loved how Sage Rosenfels, even with a broken hand, did everything he could to help out the team. Carr, on the other hand, screwed up all the time, went home as soon as he could, and no matter how bad he played, there was no chance of him getting benched.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,158

Post#6 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:12 pm

Whatever tiny bit of respect I had for him as a player just disappeared.

He's more pathetic than I ever realized. Good riddance.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
HTown34s
Senior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by HTown34s » Wed May 2, 2007 10:18 pm

Let's also not forget how the previous regime didn't coach him up to par or the fact that they threw him to the wolves from day 1.

Carr is as much responsible for his failures as Capers and Casserly.

I blame the 3 C's to be frank
[Insert witty comment here]
southstar
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by southstar » Mon May 7, 2007 9:24 pm

HTown34s wrote:Let's also not forget how the previous regime didn't coach him up to par or the fact that they threw him to the wolves from day 1.

Carr is as much responsible for his failures as Capers and Casserly.

I blame the 3 C's to be frank

AGREED...the old regime did not help the guy...like other coaches and managers....I think people jump this guy for saying he was in survival mode...he broke the sack record....guys really who has done that and still was a spark for any team? The old regime skrewed this guy royally...Matt Shcaub is not a scrambler...we need to fix the O Line...
EG4life
Junior
And1: 31

Post#9 » by EG4life » Mon May 7, 2007 11:55 pm

southstar wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

AGREED...the old regime did not help the guy...like other coaches and managers....I think people jump this guy for saying he was in survival mode...he broke the sack record....guys really who has done that and still was a spark for any team? The old regime skrewed this guy royally...Matt Shcaub is not a scrambler...we need to fix the O Line...
Munchlaxatives
RealGM

Post#10 » by Munchlaxatives » Mon Jul 9, 2007 9:18 am

I was reading a Panthers article and they had a David Carr interview in which he admitted he didn't throw until mini camp and then not again until training camp.

Return to Houston Texans