He Hits it High, He Hits it Deep, It is Outahere! #756

Moderator: TyCobb

34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#81 » by 34Celtic » Thu Aug 9, 2007 7:00 pm

Good reasoning. I just think its funny in a way how your Barry's personal PR firm on this board...no offense.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#82 » by backer55 » Thu Aug 9, 2007 7:09 pm

Celtic, Just a fan is all. Heck, you would do the same if it were your favorite player on your favorite team, who just happened to be one of the best hitting, most exciting, and most picked on player to ever put a uni on.

Now, i gots to get out and get something done to pay the bills around here. The Lord knows, Bonds sure ain't sending me no check!

backer55
Senior

Post#83 » by backer55 » Thu Aug 9, 2007 7:17 pm

trwi7 wrote:LOL at anybody saying 870 homeruns is a realistic number.

Dude, This is Barry Bonds we are talking about here! If he plays DH in a smaller than AT&T park, three more years in a lineup that he has to be pitched to... OK, OK, i'll adjust that # to 880 LOL

Have a good one!
draft
Starter
And1: 8

Post#84 » by draft » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:50 am

Bonds is being treated unfairly. I'm sure he took something but look at a guy like Roger Clemens who had a similar career path. He had a hof career but in his last years in Boston he was starting to decline. Than he goes to Toronto at age 34 and wins 2 cy's and leads the league in era. His last 3 seasons in Houston when he led the league in era at age 42 are suspect as well. And you can argue he's an even bigger a$$hole than Bonds. Why doesn't his name ever get mentioned?
The HR record is a big deal but the media seems to have an agenda against him. And Bud Selig of all people tries to act like mlb is innocent. He doesn't even clap when Bonds broke the record. But he was clapping when Mcgwire and Sosa were hitting those hr's and bringing fans to the games. MLB has nobody to blame but itself for all this. It's unfair to pick on just 1 guy.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,081

Post#85 » by Sixerscan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:18 am

It's more that Clemens is oddly ignored in this whole thing than it is that Bonds is being treated unfairly.

Steroids are associated with Home Runs, it's not fair but that just seems to be how it's developed.

Plus it helps that Clemens trainer isn't in jail right now.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#86 » by Sixerscan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:20 am

34Celtic wrote:Backer,
Ok, maybe he never admitted to it.

Didn't he admit to a grand jury that he used the Clear, just he didn't realize it was illegal? I heard that on the radio so I could be wrong.
Rodanlee
Sixth Man

Post#87 » by Rodanlee » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:21 am

he hit 758... someone's able to relax now and he's on fire
backer55
Senior

Post#88 » by backer55 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:14 am

Sixerscan wrote: Didn't he admit to a grand jury that he used the Clear, just he didn't realize it was illegal? I heard that on the radio so I could be wrong.

sixercan, i thought that i had "cleared" that up on page 7 with celtic. Anyway, he testefied that he used some stuff his trainer had given him. The Grand Jury afterword thought that what Bonds was talking about was the cream and the clear. Bonds did not say or admit to taking the clear or the cream, just the stuff his trainer gave him for arthritus.

Common generalization in the media, that he admitted useing, but it is not true. sixer, review my comments[several on down the page] on page #7 and let me know how you receive them. Thanks.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#89 » by Sixerscan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:09 pm

ok thanks
sideshowking24
Junior

Post#90 » by sideshowking24 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:34 pm

Sixerscan wrote:It's more that Clemens is oddly ignored in this whole thing than it is that Bonds is being treated unfairly.

Steroids are associated with Home Runs, it's not fair but that just seems to be how it's developed.

Plus it helps that Clemens trainer isn't in jail right now.

You would think that would change a little bit since out of the number of players who have actually tested positive for steroids, the majority of them are pitchers.
backer55
Senior

Post#91 » by backer55 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:37 pm

There are many professional Athletes on lists that are for some reason, being "protected" by MLB, Ah... that be Selig, it's lawers, and Judges ruling. The Florida to N.York city connection bust and the Mets little pal in the locker room, who may have helped out a few friends, are talking and names are being taken. How many are pitchers and how many are hitters remain and continue to be a mystery. Selig for tar and Feathers!

This "no" news "no names", implies to this Bonds and Giants fan; Bonds name must not be included or have been mentioned. If it had, surely it would have by now been "leaked" by "someone close to the Comissioners office who wants to remain unnamed," to all Media for reasonable, responcible, reporting, similar to road kill and a pack of magpies.

Selig for Tar and Feathers!

Return to The General MLB Board