ImageImage

Colts Sign Javarris "Baby J" James (Edge's cousin)

Moderator: Jake0890

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Colts Sign Javarris "Baby J" James (Edge's cousin) 

Post#1 » by Dunthreevy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:18 pm

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010042 ... with-Colts

Another James has been added to the Indianapolis Colts’ offense.

Javarris James, a running back out of the University of Miami (Fla.), is one of the collegiate free agents who has agreed to a contract with the team. The 6-0, 208-pounder is a cousin of Edgerrin James, the Colts career rushing leader.

Javarris James, nicknamed “Baby J’’ by Edgerrin, saw action in 46 games for the Hurricanes, rushing for 2,162 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Think his injuries last season may have played a role in him not being drafted, although a lot of websites had him going in the 6th or 7th rounds. Hopefully we've got another James to root for here in Indy. Hard to see him making the squad though, unless he really shines in camp and steals Mike Hart's spot.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Colts Sign Javarris "Baby J" James (Edge's cousin) 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:06 am

If he does make the roster everyone who still owns a James 32 jersey will be pumped! It would be like finding 20 bucks in your coat pocket from last year!
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#3 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:03 am

Bleeding Blue wrote:If he does make the roster everyone who still owns a James 32 jersey will be pumped! It would be like finding 20 bucks in your coat pocket from last year!

Very true! The more I think about it, the more I think it really wouldn't be that difficult for him to uproot Hart from that 3rd RB spot. Hart has had 2 seasons to make some noise and has been about as quiet as a church mouse, other than a handful of carries. I'm hoping Baby J makes the squad.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Post#4 » by Bleeding Blue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:34 am

Dunthreevy wrote:
Bleeding Blue wrote:If he does make the roster everyone who still owns a James 32 jersey will be pumped! It would be like finding 20 bucks in your coat pocket from last year!

Very true! The more I think about it, the more I think it really wouldn't be that difficult for him to uproot Hart from that 3rd RB spot. Hart has had 2 seasons to make some noise and has been about as quiet as a church mouse, other than a handful of carries. I'm hoping Baby J makes the squad.

When they have called Harts number he has done a great job though. I don't know much about Baby J....I need to do some research on him. By research I mean google.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#5 » by PR07 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:21 am

He has to beat out Hart for the 3rd spot. Hart has shined in limited opportunities, so that could be easier said than done.

Still, it makes for a nice feel-good story, so I'll be rooting for him to make the team.

Return to Indianapolis Colts