ImageImage

Do you guys want to keep Manning or Draft Luck?

Moderator: Jake0890

Draft Luck
56%
Keep Manning
44%

Total votes: 9

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,948

Post#1 » by Stannis » Wed Feb 1, 2012 9:26 pm

You can only pick one or the other.
Free Palestine
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Do you guys want to keep Manning or Draft Luck? 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Sat Feb 4, 2012 1:56 pm

I would love for us to keep Manning, but the smart financial/long term decision at this point is to cut Manning and draft Luck. There are no signs that we will know 100% by March if he will ever be healthy enough to play again. That is too much money to gamble without knowing his health, not to mention the future of the team.

As selfish as this sounds I want Manning to retire and not go play for another team, it will kill me to see him in another uniform.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Feb 5, 2012 9:32 pm

Have to play it sane and rebuild around Luck. Honestly, it will hurt to see Payton out there for someone else, but it's his right, and it's of our volition. Can't blame him for wanting to keep playing. However, it would almost be a disservice to hold Payton here as there are just too many holes to build around. It seems that every position needs help. Let's start the rebuild and let Andrew grow with this team for another decade of strength.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#4 » by Boneman2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:18 am

My heart tells me to keep him, but Scoot is right, the Colts have a lot of holes to fill. I'd much rather see him finish his career with a legitimate contender. Along the way he will surpass every record, but he will cement his status as the the best ever if he contends for the Lombardi.

If he does in fact play somewhere else, he and Irsay will come to an agreement to restructure his deal, which will allow us to trade him. I have no desire to give him away.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#5 » by PR07 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:24 pm

I'd like to keep both in the short-term (with long-term obviously going with Luck). However, with Manning's current contract as well as desire to play for a contender, I'm not sure that's possible.

Return to Indianapolis Colts