Quinn Pitcock: 98

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Quinn Pitcock: 98 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:59 am

Pitcock is not the normal DT the Colts go for, which makes this pick kind of surprising. Pitcock is a blue-collar, hardworking DT who is built very thick. He's an excellent run stuffer and intangible guy even if he is only mediocre at pass rushing. I think this pick was a great value at the end of Round 3. Pitcock may not be an every down guy, but he is a guy that can help end some of our woes on defending the run.
pacerfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#2 » by pacerfan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:04 am

I was glad to see the Colts take a defensive tackle. Hope Pitcock works out as a run stopper. If he does, he's easily worth the pick.
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by RickRoll_inDC » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:31 pm

is it possible that with the LB situation next year that we put Robert Mathis to OLB and go with a D-Line of -Brock, Pitcock, Booger, Freeney- and LB's - Mathis, Bracket, Morris-?
19-13 on game threads
BillyBongThorton
Junior

Post#4 » by BillyBongThorton » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:10 am

gilbertgoes05 wrote:is it possible that with the LB situation next year that we put Robert Mathis to OLB and go with a D-Line of -Brock, Pitcock, Booger, Freeney- and LB's - Mathis, Bracket, Morris-?

dude... do you not understand the colts defensive? its a defense where every player covers his scheme and there spot on the field. now mathis job is to rush the passer and stop the sweep/toss. now that you know that.... see that brock can not rush the passer or stop the sweep/toss. i would much rather see gilbert gardener back in the line up (who has to be one of the worst LBers in the league) than to move mathis to LBer. for real.... if you thought cato june couldnt tackle... i can just imagine how bad mathis would be. WOW... i cant believe someone would think up something like this. :banghead:
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#5 » by PR07 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:05 am

I think the Colts tried Mathis at OLB two seasons ago in mini-camp and the experiment didn't go so well. So, it's possible, but I'm not sure why the Colts would want to mess up a good thing in Robert Mathis at DE.
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by A-Town Connection » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:24 pm

He should turn out to be a solid pick. I was worried a bit at the begining of the draft, but loved these last two picks
FreeRon
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#7 » by FreeRon » Tue May 1, 2007 2:33 am

I'm really interested to see what we do with the linebacker situation. One thing we won't do, though, is move one of the better DE's in the NFL to LB for as little upgrade as that would be, if he'd even do better than Gardner. Gardner's not great, but he's an NFL linebacker and has been for a few years now. His experience at the position more than likely makes him a better LB than Mathis anyways.
pacerman06
Senior

Post#8 » by pacerman06 » Tue Jun 5, 2007 3:29 pm

Quinn was a great pick. He was first team All-American and I read somewhere that he had 8 sacks last season.

Return to Indianapolis Colts