Warren Sapp to be Cut?

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Warren Sapp to be Cut? 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:22 pm

Warren Sapp is reportedly in danger of being released by the Raiders.

Oakland has developed top-notch depth on the defensive line and may need cap room to sign JaMarcus Russell. Zack Crockett will likely be the first to go. Numerous NFL sources have suggested Kiffin, 32, wants to rid the team of players who are close to his age or older. Kiffin, sources say, doesn't want players with influence who might threaten his authority.

So team leaders such as fullback Zack Crockett, 34, and -- yes, believe it -- defensive tackle Warren Sapp, 34, are in big trouble. Even if Sapp, who admirably dropped 49 pounds (@ 285 now) in six months, comes to camp looking like a Pro Bowler, he's probably wasting his time.
Sapp showed he still has a lot left in the tank with a huge 2006 season (10 sacks, 67 total tackles). At his new weight, the 34-year-old should remain a highly productive under tackle with Terdell Sands on the nose.

via San Francisco Chronicle

I think he would be a great pick-up if the price is right, and we cut ties with Corey Simon. We may have enough cash available at least short-term to get a deal done.
pacerman06
Senior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by pacerman06 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:19 pm

I would like to sign him to a one or two year deal. Sapp played under Dungy in Tampa so knows Dungy's defense. I saw that Simeon Rice was released too. I'd like to sign him to a one-year deal.
ajizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by ajizzle » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:25 pm

Sapp would be a great pickup for us... And why don't we bring go ahead a bring back Crockett too...

No, but WSapp could only help our DLine
EG4life
Junior
And1: 31

Post#4 » by EG4life » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:43 pm

theres no way weed be able to afford both sapp and rice even if we cut simon

Return to Indianapolis Colts