ImageImage

It's Back! Colts vs. Dallas Tonight (Preseason)

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

It's Back! Colts vs. Dallas Tonight (Preseason) 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Thu Aug 9, 2007 11:30 pm

Image vs. Image

Where: Fox
Time: 8 Eastern

What to look for:

-Tony Ugoh: The kid is making his first start against NFL competition tonight. It will be interesting to see how he holds up. He may get some one on one matchups against the likes of Demarcus Ware, so it could get interesting.

-Freddie Keiaho: Is he an upgrade to Cato June? You'll have to decide for yourself. I certainly love his instincts.

-Who starts next to Brock? Darrell Reid? Keyunta Dawson? Quinn Pittcock? Ed Johnson? Dan Klecko?

-Anthony Gonzalez: Just how good is our newest slot-man?

-DeDe Dorsey: Can he provide the 2 punch to Addai's one in the run game?

Injury Report:

The Colts released the list of players who will not play tonight following Wednesday's 90-minute workout. The names included defensive end Robert Mathis, who will rest a jammed knee, and safety Bob Sanders, who is rehabilitating from offseason shoulder surgery and is on the physically unable to perform list.
In addition to defensive tackle Anthony "Booger" McFarland, who had knee surgery Tuesday, also ruled out are defensive end Noland Burchette (groin), defensive back Brannon Condren (groin), defensive end Ben Ishola (ankle), offensive tackle Charlie Johnson (hip), defensive tackle Tom Johnson (calf), running back Kenton Keith (ankle), linebacker Keith O'Neil (physically unable to perform, abdomen/hip), defensive end Bo Schobel (chest) and linebacker Clint Session (hamstring).
Reserve linebacker Rocky Boiman is questionable with an ankle injury, but he practiced Wednesday.
ajizzle
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Pre-Season: Colts at Cowboys... finally, a taste. 

Post#2 » by ajizzle » Thu Aug 9, 2007 11:58 pm

The Indianapolis Colts

VS.

The Dallas Cowboys

At the legendary Texas Stadium

Of course, the starters are only gonna play one, maybe two series. But we need to be very careful, b/c I remember l/y vs. the Rams, they blitzed like every play, b/c the game didn't really count. Gotta watch Peyton, extra close tonight.

Well, let's hope that we see some 3rd stringers step up... namely Keyunta Dawson and Roy Hall. I think they're gonna be beasts for us t/y.

Let's go Blue! The journey towards the repeat...

Gotta love it...
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by PR07 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:31 am

Tied up 3-3.

Run defense is still an issue unfortunately, but should get better when Sanders and Mathis return. Ed Johnson is getting the start next to Brock and has made a nice play or two. I can't say enough about Freddie Keiaho, I think this kid is going to be a special LB. He has great instincts and has already made his presence felt.

Offense is clicking. Addai made a nice run where he turned a loss into a four yard game. Peyton and Harrison are clicking early. Ugoh has looked decent although Ware almost got Manning on a 3 and 9 and we were forced to kick a FG.
pacerman06
Senior

Post#4 » by pacerman06 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:57 am

Is this game televised? I agree Keiaho is going to be good. I am worried about the DT position.
pacerman06
Senior

Post#5 » by pacerman06 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:01 am

This game is on the radio I believe. Ugoh should be ok.
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by RickRoll_inDC » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:58 am

wow, i'm surprised at the lack of stuff on this board.....c'mon guys.

but anyway....on the game

1. Ugoh looks good for a rookie starting at LT. he had a few bad moments but it was overall good for him

2. Keiaho is going to be just as good as June at LB

3. Josh Betts is better than Jim Sorgi

4. DeDe Dorsey isn't going to cut it as a #2 back

5. Ed Johnson is a beast

6. We need to keep a some linebackers on the team for Special Teams.
(Hagler, Guzman)

7. i didn't see much from Gonzalez in this game. he needs to be thrown to more when Peyton is out there.

overall, i think that we played well tonight. Ugoh is filling in well for Tarik, our offense is clicking like it has in past years, and our defense didn't give up very many long runs.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by PR07 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:16 am

Defensively:
Ed Johnson was a pleasant surprise for me. I also liked what Keyunta Dawson gave us, and I thought Meekins (UDFA from Rutgers) looked solid as well as he was mixing it up inside. Keiaho is already one of my defensive favorites if you haven't already noticed, something about his energy and instincts on the field just shines on the field. Our tackling from the secondary was impressive. I think both Marlin and Hayden are better tackles than their predecessors.Bethea was all over the field. Stupid penalty by Jeff Charleston, but other than that, I liked how we handled things. Run game looked shaky early, but settled into a groove as the game wore on.

Offensively:
Josh Betts clearly outplayed Sorgi today. Sorgi was throwing high on all his throws and was eyeing his targets too much. First team offense looked like its clicking already even if they only got a FG from the drive. Addai looked sharp. DeDe Dorsey had some good runs, but also looked small and tentative a lot of the time. I would've liked to have seen Clifton Dawson aka the kid from Harvard get more carries, he looked fast. I wish Kenton Keith was healthy too. Roy Hall had a couple of snags...didn't see enough of Gonzo to form an accurate opinion. Tony Ugoh did a solid job for his first start going against one of the premier pass rushers in the league in DeMarcus Ware for some of the night. I didn't notice him on the camera except if I was purposely looking for him which is a good thing for an o-lineman.

Special Teams:
Our backup kicker as of now, Shane Andrus, should get a look somewhere. He's pretty good and could probably kick for some team. TJ Rushing is really fast and had a lot of nice returns. Craphonso Thorpe isn't as fast, but he looks like a solid returner too. The kickoff coverage was pretty good...much better than what we've seen in the past.
ajizzle
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by ajizzle » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:02 pm

I'm definitely disappointed in Sorgi's performance... for as much time as he's been w/ the Org and played in that offense, he should be better. Granted, it's the pre-season, but he hasn't impressed me at all. I'd rather go get a savvy veteran QB who wants to try and win a title, like Bledsoe, or Testaverde, or even George. I'd have more confidence in their ability and experience as starters to backup Peyton.

Our DL was getting pushed around quite a bit. Johnson has good size, but he needs to use it a tad better. I know he's not supposed to be the starter, but we can't take that into consideration anymore. I did like how our DBs tackled. Very physical. But our starting D bent, but didn't break, and I'll take a 6-pt first half, b/c our O will be fine.

I like how Guzman hits... I think w/ both him and Roy Hall on ST, we should be better (which wouldn't be hard).

Most of all, I'm not worried about the team as much as I thought. It's preseason, and as was pointed out many times, we haven't been affected in the regular season by our pre-season performance.

Return to Indianapolis Colts