Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

B. Fletcher and Gandy Cut 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Sat May 3, 2008 5:26 am

Colts released TE Bryan Fletcher.
Another unanticipated move, and one Peyton Manning probably won't approve of. Fletcher was a consistent performer for the Colts, catching 18 passes in each of the past three years as a No. 3 tight end. GM Bill Polian apparently feels comfortable with Jacob Tamme and Tom Santi behind Dallas Clark.
Source: ESPN Insider

Colts released C/G Dylan Gandy.
A low-profile move, but this is still a shocker. Gandy, a fourth-round pick from Texas Tech in 2005, started 14 games as a valued swingman the past three seasons. He was in line to start at left guard, but Indianapolis deemed Charlie Johnson and rookies Mike Pollak and Steve Justice more worthy.
Source: ESPN Insider

This is quite a surprise. Fletcher has been a solid receiving TE during his tenure here, and I'll always remember his catch against the Pats in the AFC Championship game where he basically told Peyton that no one was covering him and to get him the ball. Gandy was supposed to compete for a starting job at guard. I guess this speaks volumes about the players the Colts brought in (Tamme and Santi at TE; Pollak and Justice at guard). This must be a good thing then. Still, kind of sad to see these guys go. I think both should get a look elsewhere.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#2 » by Latrell » Sat May 3, 2008 7:04 am

I don't how 'unanticapted' some these moves are really. I mean we practically drafted pure o-line guys so I don't think releasing Fletch and Gandy are shockers at all. I saw it coming anyway. Maybe not specifically those guys but I knew changes of some sort were coming
dixava
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by dixava » Sun May 4, 2008 12:55 am

I
FreeRon
Analyst
And1: 5

Post#4 » by FreeRon » Fri May 9, 2008 7:56 pm

So were his fumbles. I have nothing against the guy and I think he'll definitely be playing in the NFL this season, but he's the only player I really worried about fumbling the ball.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,118

Post#5 » by magik9113 » Sat May 10, 2008 2:21 am

yea the catch was the greatest, but he isn't a big loss...

Return to Indianapolis Colts