ImageImage

Addai

Moderator: Jake0890

ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Addai 

Post#1 » by ChronicKerr » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:35 pm

With Rhodes gone, Addai having offseason surgery and being back at full strength by camp, and drafting of Donald Brown what do you envision Addai's #'s to look like this year?

Will he return to form as of 2 years ago and be the main RB getting carries or will Brown take over his job throughout the season with Addai eventually losing the job altogether?

What do you think Colts fans?
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Addai 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:35 pm

I think Addai will start the season the primary back in a 2 back system and then he will get injured like usual and Brown will step in as the primary back. Addai seems to be fragile so far in his career and I don't see that trend changing....I don't see him eclipsing the 1,000 yard mark...I hope he does though
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Indydave
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Indydave » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:41 pm

I think Brown will actually help Addai IMO. I think Addai wore down considerably last year, and after seeing this season's first preseason game, Addai sure looks like he has back the burst of speed that wasn't necessarily there last season, and I expect that he will have it all season.
Indydave
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Indydave » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:46 pm

As far as numbers go, I see the split of rushing yardage to be Addai 850, Brown 650 (and the other RBs getting about 300 yards combined) of course that is assuming that everyone stays healthy.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Post#5 » by Bleeding Blue » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:48 pm

I think Brown will be more of a weapon for our passing/ playaction game. I think defenses will have to put more people in the box to stop Brown in comparison to Addai, in turn bring our passing game back to what is was in seasons past. IF Brown performs how I think he can, and Addai runs well too we could have a very good ground game if the O-Line stays healthy.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight

Return to Indianapolis Colts