Bethea out

Moderator: Jake0890

Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Bethea out 

Post#1 » by Miller4ever » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:20 am

Bethea broke his hand. Now we are without both safeties. At least Bullitt does a good job of filling in, but he can only back up one of them.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Bethea out 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:26 am

Everywhere I have read isn't giving a timetable for his return, but they say he will play with a cast. Coach Caldwell also said that he didn't know if Sanders would be ready for the season opener. Dallas Clark will most likely miss the Vikings preseason game with a concussion.

If Sanders misses considerable time this year (7+ games) do you guys think it is time to cut the fat? There is no argument he is a great player when he is on the field, but he is killing our checkbook when he is on the sidelines....
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#3 » by Miller4ever » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 pm

He is still young, and he already has one DPOY under his belt. The injuries are frustrating, but I'd like to give him another chance. His return is also quite possibly the reason we got to the Superbowl (stifling the Chiefs and Ravens below 100 yards rushing). It'll be a tough call, but the fans love him and right now the reward outweighs the risk. Plus we have extremely capable backups.
Indydave
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Indydave » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 pm

I say NO to "cutting ties" with Sanders, even if he is out for an extended period this year. Finally, our defensive backfield is very solid and with Bullitt/Giordano/Silva on our roster, we should stick with everyone. Now if Bob gets hurt again NEXT year, that may change my opinion.

BTW, Bethea is up to be a free agent this season-- I hope the Colts resign him.... his pass coverage skills are great for a Safety....

Return to Indianapolis Colts