ImageImage

Gonzalez Out 2-6 Weeks

Moderator: Jake0890

Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Gonzalez Out 2-6 Weeks 

Post#1 » by Bleeding Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:17 pm

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez left Sunday's game against Jacksonville in the first quarter with a right knee injury.

A source confirmed an NFL.com report to ESPN's Adam Schefter that Gonzalez suffered a strained ligament in the knee and will miss 2 to 6 weeks.

The Colts plan more tests for Gonzalez on Monday and will monitor any swelling.

Gonzalez wasn't touched on the play in which he was hurt. He started his route, then fell to the ground. He was helped off the field and put no pressure on the right leg.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4469985

Not good news at all. Our other wide receivers are really going to have to step up. Luckily we still got our great TE/WR Dallas Clark. Our running game will have to get going too, so it can take some pressure off the passing game.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Gonzalez Out 2-6 Weeks 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:59 am

Colts president Bill Polian said Monday that Anthony Gonzalez's knee injury will not end his season.
However, Polian confirmed that Gonzalez has multiple sprained ligaments and says the Colts will sign a veteran wideout if doctors deem the injury a four or more week ordeal. It won't be Marvin Harrison. Indy was already reported to be in pursuit of Bobby Wade, but he signed with Kansas City. Other options may include Amani Toomer, Jerry Porter, and ex-Colt John Standeford.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLi ... &hl=151319
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Re: Gonzalez Out 2-6 Weeks 

Post#3 » by Latrell » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:46 pm

Id like to get Toomer that'd be awesome

Return to Indianapolis Colts