ImageImage

3-0 and still no activity here?

Moderator: Jake0890

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

3-0 and still no activity here? 

Post#1 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:22 pm

So we just came off of a great win @ Arizona, our defense looked GREAT last night and better than most anticipated over the course of the first 3 weeks, we're undefeated with wins over 2 playoff teams (and a 3rd really good non-playoff team), and there's STILL no talk around here?

I for one have been extremely impressed with the run defense this season, and that is probably the last facet of the team that I thought I would be impressed with this season. Offensively, we looked a little sluggish in week 1 but things have been like clockwork the past 2 weeks. Peyton is in top form and we've got, what looks to be, a hidden gem in Pierre Garçon. The running game hasn't put up big numbers simply because they haven't had a ton of looks. Addai looked great last night with the few carries that he did get, and Donald Brown continues to impress when he does see the field.

Overall, I guess the whole point of this is to say LET'S GET EXCITED ABOUT THIS SEASON! We're off to a great start and I would love to have some more discussion around here to get me through my workday.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: 3-0 and still no activity here? 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

I wouldn't say I have been extremely impressed with our run D so far this season. It was good in our first game, atrocious in against the Dolphins, and very good against the Cardinals. I would give it a B thus far, which is good considering the injuries we have on Defense. Peyton is well on his way to another MVP season, he looks sharp as ever and Garcon is really stepping up as a quality #2 receiver. Am I the only one that thought it was hilarious when he kept pointing at his name on his jersey? Addai looked really good on Sunday, and so did Brown. I think Caldwell putting Brown in the game at the end is a hint that he will be taking over the starting role/getting a lot more carries in the future. On a different note, the injuries continue to mount for our defense. Freeney is expected to miss a decent amount of time with a hamstring injury.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=11214464

This does not seem to be horrible news, but it is still not good. If Freeney is gone for at least one month, his recovery would coincide with Indy's bye week, minimizing the number of games he'd miss.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:16 pm

I see what you're saying about the run defense. I just mean that I expected MUCH worse. Holding Jones-Drew under 100 (which we never seem to be able to do), and then the performance against AZ were both really surprising to me.

I got a bad feeling when they were walking Dwight back to the locker room the other night, but the excitement of the game kept all the negative thoughts at bay. The bye week is going to be great for us. I could see Dwight and Bob coming back around the same time and giving opposing offensive coordinators nightmares.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#4 » by Latrell » Sun Oct 4, 2009 7:06 pm

Lookin pretty good today against Seattle...Our defense looks good today too, I can say Im legitimately excited about our SB chances and its only Week 4.

We're not fully healthy yet, our offense is scary and Peyton looks better than I've ever seen him which is crazy to think about.

With the way the Titans, Jags and Texans are playing we should wrap this baby up soon too :)
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Dunthreevy » Sun Oct 4, 2009 9:45 pm

Latrell wrote:Lookin pretty good today against Seattle...Our defense looks good today too, I can say Im legitimately excited about our SB chances and its only Week 4.

We're not fully healthy yet, our offense is scary and Peyton looks better than I've ever seen him which is crazy to think about.

With the way the Titans, Jags and Texans are playing we should wrap this baby up soon too :)

Heck if we win next week, and Jax and Houston both lose again. We'll more or less have the conference wrapped up going into the bye. I just don't see us blowing the lead that we've built up so far, and a win next week @ Tennessee would all but cement our spot at the top of the conference.

The defense did look really good today, especially the D-line. Mathis and Freeney are well on their way to locking up Pro Bowl spots again. The same can be said for Peyton, Reggie, and Dallas.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Bleeding Blue » Sun Oct 4, 2009 11:56 pm

If our defense continues to improve every week and our offense continues to fire on all cylinders we will be the scariest team in the NFL. Our defense looked inspired today, I dont know if it was because they were embarrassed against Miami or if they are sick of hearing how terrible they are. I really don't care either way because they looked great.

Pollian has once again shown all of us why he is the best at what he does with the additions of Collie, Garcon, Powers, and Brown. All of them are stepping up as integral parts of the team now and it is great to watch them mature this year.

I was very worried about this season with all of the staff changes, but obviously it was all for nothing. We look as good as ever, and we appear to be on the road to another Super Bowl.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#7 » by Miller4ever » Tue Oct 6, 2009 3:42 am

I don't want to get all negative, but our schedule thus far has been pretty easy. Our opponents are a combined 5-10. We have 4 tough games our entire schedule, with the Pats, Ravens, Jets, and Broncos coming up later. If we go better than 2-2 against those four teams, I will pencil in the Super Bowl for us.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Dunthreevy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:16 pm

Miller4ever wrote:I don't want to get all negative, but our schedule thus far has been pretty easy. Our opponents are a combined 5-10. We have 4 tough games our entire schedule, with the Pats, Ravens, Jets, and Broncos coming up later. If we go better than 2-2 against those four teams, I will pencil in the Super Bowl for us.

Honestly I don't feel like the Patriots are the same team that has given us trouble in the past. I think we will beat them. I also think the Broncos are the worst "good" team I can recall in recent history, and we will beat them. I'm still trying to figure out if the Jets are as good as they've looked, and the Ravens are possibly the best team in football so I'm kinda scared of them. I could see us going 3-1 against those 4, with 2-2 being the worst we will do.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#9 » by Latrell » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:15 am

Miller4ever wrote:I don't want to get all negative, but our schedule thus far has been pretty easy. Our opponents are a combined 5-10. We have 4 tough games our entire schedule, with the Pats, Ravens, Jets, and Broncos coming up later. If we go better than 2-2 against those four teams, I will pencil in the Super Bowl for us.

Yeah but we've blown out everyone except Miami and Jacksoniville.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Miller4ever » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:09 am

That's true. Our passing offense is on crack-steroids.

So much of it is just torching softer secondaries this season.

However, with 5-0, and 1600 yards from our golden boy, I think we can get a great seed in the playoffs. Hopefully when Gonzo and Bob come back it'll just be an improvement upon what we've got going on here. Our defense has stepped it up against the rushers this year (except that goddamn wildcat) and I think we will impress lots of people, but the true test is those 4 games and, as always, the playoffs.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Bleeding Blue » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:14 pm

The most impressive thing about our 5-0 start this year IMO is we have been doing it with a ton of 2nd/3rd string guys, many of which are rookies. With the injuries to Sanders, Bracket, Hayden, Jackson, Johnson, Gonzo, etc our young guys are getting valuable experience that will pay off late in the year. Lacy and Powers look nothing like rookies, to be honest I don't even notice Hayden and Jackson aren't out there. Bullitt continues to impress in Bob's absence. The play of Garcon and Collie has been discussed at length, but it cannot go unstated. Brown is helped to solidify a running game that show glimpses of hope. McAfee has also played really well as a punter and holder. Oh yeah and the whole new coach thing.

- Bobby Knight
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Miller4ever » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:16 am

Dungy has also said that this is the best he's ever seen the Colts play to start a season. Wow.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Bleeding Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:25 pm

The Indianapolis Colts are taking a look at veteran place-kicker Matt Stover, presumably due to concerns about a reported knee injury to Adam Vinatieri.

The team has yet to comment on Vinatieri being hurt

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009101 ... ri+hurting

They said 6 weeks on ESPN this morning, but I that is the only thing I have heard about the length of the injury. The injuries continue to mount....and Ed Johnson getting cut....

- Bobby Knight

Return to Indianapolis Colts