Titans' Jeff Fisher Wears a Colts Jersey to Charity Event

Moderator: Jake0890

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Titans' Jeff Fisher Wears a Colts Jersey to Charity Event 

Post#1 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:25 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4581777

Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher's decision to don an Indianapolis Colts Peyton Manning jersey at a charity function has some Titans fans up in arms.

Herm Edwards and Colin Cowherd discuss Jeff Fisher wearing a Peyton Manning jersey at a recent charity event. They don't have any problem with what Fisher did. Edwards also shares his thoughts on the Giants and Ravens.

Fisher wore the jersey Tuesday while appearing at a charity event for Rocketown at Lipscomb University in Nashville with former Colts coach Tony Dungy, among others.

When he introduced Dungy, Fisher took off his jacket and shirt, revealing a Manning Colts jersey underneath, saying, "I just wanted to feel like a winner."

Rocketown is a 40,000-square-foot entertainment complex in Nashville created for teens to gather in a drug- and alcohol-free environment.

The Titans, who were expected to be an AFC playoff contender this season, are a disappointing 0-6. The Colts are 5-0.

The Titans' latest defeat was a 59-0 shellacking at the hands of the New England Patriots.

During his weekly radio show on 103.3-FM in Nashville, Fisher apologized, but made it clear he didn't believe he did anything wrong.

"It was for a very, very worthwhile cause, charity," Fisher said on his show, according to The Tennessean. "I was introducing Tony, just having fun with it and I really apologize if I offended anybody, but if you're offended over the nature of that type of thing, then I think you need to rethink things.

"This is a very worthwhile and needy benefit and I was honored to be there. … I'm sorry if I offended anybody but if I had to do it again, I would do it again."

This is hilarious! I gained a little more appreciation for Jeff Fisher after this. At least the man knows a winner when he sees one and recognizes greatness.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Titans' Jeff Fisher Wears a Colts Jersey to Charity Event 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Jeff Fisher is a top notch coach and man. I find nothing wrong with the fact that he wore a Manning jersey to a charity event, but I do think what he said about "wanting to feel like a winner" is quite suspect. If the Colts were putting up a goose egg for wins this year and a member of our team said that I would be upset. Either way its not that big of a deal and the fans will get over it.

I also heard that the Titans owner was talking about firing Fisher, that would be a HUGE mistake. He is the longest tenured coach in the NFL for a reason....he is great. His phone would blow up with potential head coaching jobs if he were to get canned. This just goes to show that the NFL truly is a "what have you done for me lately league" and its sad. Although, I highly doubt he gets the boot.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#3 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:46 pm

If by some stroke of stupidity, the Titans were to fire Jeff Fisher, I would gladly give Jim Caldwell the boot to bring Fisher in. I like Caldwell and all, but I think Fisher has proven himself to be one of the best head coaches the NFL has seen in some time. On the other hand, Caldwell's success MIGHT be just a product of him inheriting a very good team.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#4 » by Miller4ever » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:54 pm

Kinda. I like to think that Caldwell has much to offer, though, besides just being a puppet coach installed by Manning.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#5 » by Latrell » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:19 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:If by some stroke of stupidity, the Titans were to fire Jeff Fisher, I would gladly give Jim Caldwell the boot to bring Fisher in. I like Caldwell and all, but I think Fisher has proven himself to be one of the best head coaches the NFL has seen in some time. On the other hand, Caldwell's success MIGHT be just a product of him inheriting a very good team.

He did inherit a good not team, im not sure its a great team and it doesn't even look that good on paper..We do have the very best QB there is no question about that though. Caldwell is a good coach though he's answered a lot of critics and has done an admirable job so far. If it ain't broke don't fix it..I like Jeff Fisher but it would be dumb to bring him in and there tons of teams in the league that would swoop him up before us anyway..

Return to Indianapolis Colts