It's not Pretty but Colts Win.

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

It's not Pretty but Colts Win. 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:41 pm

I mean yesterday's 17-15 win over the Ravens wasn't pretty, but the team still finds a way to win games. I think that's the character of a great team.

What's overlooked has been the defense. The Colts defense, despite losing one of its best players in Bob Sanders, having both of its starting CB's in Hayden and Marlin Jackson (to IR), and a starting linebacker in Hagler; is leading the league in fewest points allowed. The two rookie CB's have played exceptional. Jerraud Powers is terrific in coverage, and I've been really impressed with Lacey's tackling ability. Captain Melvin Bullitt has been great as Bob Sanders' replacement. Gary Brackett might be one of the most underrated MLB's in the league, guy just seems to make plays.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: It's not Pretty but Colts Win. 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:16 am

The Colts win, period. We win the blowouts, close calls, come from behinds, ugly games, pretty games, sunny, cloudy, rainy, night, day, and any other type of game there is. Great teams find a way to win, and that is exactly what we are doing.

We aren't getting credit for being 10-0 and that is fine with me. A lot of people don't even put the Colts in their top 3 in the league, yet we have yet to lose. Despite the injuries and setbacks we continue to get the job done and Bill Polian proves how much smarter he is than me every week.

We are well on our way to securing the #1 seed and a first round bye, but I hope we have learned from the past and don't rest our starters. If someone is injured, sit him...if not he should be on the field. If someone gets injured because they are playing in a "meaningless game" I will be fine with it.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#3 » by Miller4ever » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:30 pm

If we get a first round bye and we sit our starters, it's basically like giving them 3 weeks off. Even if they practice, it's way too long away from an actual game situation, and then they end up in the middle of a fight against the ______ (Pats, Chargers, Broncos, Titans, Bengals, Steelers, Dolphins, etc.) right away. That's a high-pressure game and the team will not be loose.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#4 » by PR07 » Tue Dec 1, 2009 12:05 am

I hate that we rest our starters. There are certain guys that I might rest: Joseph Addai, Dwight Freeney, Dallas Clark etc. (guys who are more injury prone); but I would not rest Peyton Manning or the rest of the WR's. It takes our passing attack too long to get going and by that time, we're normally down.

Return to Indianapolis Colts