Chris Polian Named Colts GM

Moderator: Jake0890

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Chris Polian Named Colts GM 

Post#1 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:16 pm

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... _colts_gm/

Indianapolis Star - The Colts have extended the contracts of team president Bill Polian and son Chris through the 2012 season.

Chris, who served as vice president of football operations for four seasons, is now the team's general manager.

He will assume the day-to-day operation of the franchise whenever his father steps down.

"There is no seismic shift. Nothing will change anytime soon," owner Jim Irsay said. "But continuity is important to me."

Hopefully Bill's brilliant football mind is rubbing off on Chris.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Chris Polian Named Colts GM 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:14 am

I don't know much about Chris, but I think this will end up being a good move. Whenever Bill decides to retire (hopefully not anytime soon) and Chris takes over I have no doubt that Bill will be helping his son. So in reality we will still have Bill to an extent. Another thing I like about this move is that Polian and the Colts are showing that he is here to stay long term. I always worry he is going to leave and go to a bigger market, because he is one of the best GM's in the NFL.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#3 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:59 pm

Bleeding Blue wrote:I don't know much about Chris, but I think this will end up being a good move. Whenever Bill decides to retire (hopefully not anytime soon) and Chris takes over I have no doubt that Bill will be helping his son. So in reality we will still have Bill to an extent. Another thing I like about this move is that Polian and the Colts are showing that he is here to stay long term. I always worry he is going to leave and go to a bigger market, because he is one of the best GM's in the NFL.

One of the best GM's in professional sports!! :)

Just realized that realgm's wiretap changed the headline of the story for some reason and it now reads

"Owner's Son Named Colts GM"

I'd say the biggest story here would be the Irsay's selling the team to Bill Polian, considering they own the team. :roll:

Talk about lazy reporting. Get your crap together realgm
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#4 » by PR07 » Tue Dec 1, 2009 12:07 am

I like the move. Hopefully, Chris has learned a lot from his dad about this business and can keep the sharp eye for acquiring and evaluating talent.

Return to Indianapolis Colts