ImageImage

Perfect No More

Moderator: Jake0890

Should the Colts have rested their starters early in the 3rd Quarter?

Yes. Everyone needs to be healthy for the playoffs.
33%
No. This was a chance at history.
67%

Total votes: 3

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Perfect No More 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:37 pm

The Colts pulled Manning and Co. early in the third quarter for Curtis Painter and backups, essentially handing the game to the Jets.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Re: Perfect No More 

Post#2 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:45 pm

I can't say that I disagree with the decision to sit Manning and the starters. What I do disagree with was the timing of it. If we weren't going to chase the record or at least keep our guys fresh for the playoffs, why not sit them in week 14 when we already had everything locked up anyway. The timing is what didn't make sense, not the decision (at least in my opinion).

Definitely would've been cool to go undefeated, but I'd rather hang another Super Bowl banner. Jim Caldwell and co. are professional coaches for a reason. I'm personally sick of all the armchair quarterbacks in Indy acting as if the 1 loss negates everything that we've accomplished so far this season. Just goes to further my point in the other thread about how A LOT of Colts fans take our team for granted and will turn their backs on the team at the drop of a hat.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Re: Perfect No More 

Post#3 » by Miller4ever » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:29 am

There are many positives to starting your players, then resting after more than half of the game has been played. This decision would've been fine with me either way, now that I think about it. It's like the "ends justify the means" debate, and all the arguing that goes back and forth in that situation.

Return to Indianapolis Colts