Can Dante Fowler Jr. break out in 2016?

Moderators: UCF, JaxMagic

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Can Dante Fowler Jr. break out in 2016? 

Post#1 » by UCF » Sat May 14, 2016 4:00 pm

The third “first round pick” for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2016, Dante Fowler Jr. will finally get a chance to see the field in his second season with the team.

Fowler’s rookie season never got started, going down with a knee injury in his first rookie on-field work (sparking a change to the rookie orientation for 2016) and he failed to even see the field for the entire year. It’s the kind of injury that used to completely set back a player’s career. Now, players rebound from torn ACL’s all the time and it’s widely expected that Fowler can come back and become the dominant player the team envisioned.

His “rookie” season essentially begins in 2016 and he has an uphill battle to prove he can belong in just his first season at NFL speed against NFL players. He’s sat and watched and learned, but now he has to put it all together on the field.

The Jags are betting on Fowler being something special. They expect him to come in and completely own the “leo” pass rushing position on the team. He’ll lead a young group of players – including 2016 third round pick Yannick Ngakoue – at the position and must deliver results.

https://blackandteal.com/2016/05/13/can-dante-fowler-jr-break-out-in-2016/
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Re: Can Dante Fowler Jr. break out in 2016? 

Post#2 » by JaxMagic » Sat May 14, 2016 7:02 pm

I really hope so, out of all the new guys coming in this season I think he will be the more important. Having Jack and Ramsey will be a boost, but having a guy who could disrupt the QB from the edge would be so huge for this team.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Re: Can Dante Fowler Jr. break out in 2016? 

Post#3 » by UCF » Sat May 14, 2016 11:16 pm

I feel like it's going to be awesome or awful for our D this year depending on if Fowler and Jack can be healthy.

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars