Story: Davis says Jags moving him to linebacker is a better fit

Moderators: UCF, JaxMagic

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Story: Davis says Jags moving him to linebacker is a better fit 

Post#1 » by UCF » Tue May 24, 2016 10:54 pm

Change can be tough on NFL players. Moving from a position played for an entire career to a spot that is not only foreign, but possibly more difficult can leave a veteran in a rough spot.

For Jaguars pass rusher Ryan Davis, the move to "Otto" linebacker has been a pleasant experience so far. Davis is shredding weight to play the position and learning new technique to adapt to the speed and responsibilities of the job.

Davis has spent most of his time with the Jaguars as a Leo defensive end and third down interior pass rusher, producing 11 sacks in four seasons. However, he has now started learning how to play in space. As an athlete, who believes he can "run with anybody," the move is somewhat liberating.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/ryan-davis-jaguars-defensive-end-linebacker-switch/213729637
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Re: Story: Davis says Jags moving him to linebacker is a better fit 

Post#2 » by JaxMagic » Tue May 24, 2016 11:16 pm

This move caught me off guard but it will be an interesting one to watch. Typically Jax carries 10 DLineman so Davis may have been a numbers casualty, but with the switch to LB he looks to be sticking around. If I had to break it out now I would say your LBers will be Poz, Telvin, Jack, Skuta, Davus, and Tripp.

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars