Story: Colts draft bust Bjoern Werner is having more fun in Jax

Moderators: UCF, JaxMagic

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Story: Colts draft bust Bjoern Werner is having more fun in Jax 

Post#1 » by UCF » Tue May 24, 2016 10:56 pm

The Colts spent a first-round draft pick on pass rusher Bjoern Werner in 2013, and he was a huge disappointment, with just 6.5 sacks before he was released this year. But Werner, who has signed with the Jaguars, says he’s now in the right place.

That doesn’t just mean Jacksonville instead of Indianapolis — though it doesn’t hurt to be closer to Florida State, where he played his best football. It mostly means back at defensive end, his college position, rather than outside linebacker, where the Colts tried to play him.

“It’s just reminding me of being back in my college days because the last three years was a lot of standing up,” Werner told the Florida Times-Union. “It makes it so much more fun putting your hand down.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/24/colts-draft-bust-bjoern-werner-is-having-more-fun-in-jacksonville/

I'm really thinking Werner surprises us this year. Playing a different position really does make a big difference in performance.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Re: Story: Colts draft bust Bjoern Werner is having more fun in Jax 

Post#2 » by JaxMagic » Tue May 24, 2016 11:17 pm

Will be interesting to watch him during camp. I'm definitely rooting for the guy.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Re: Story: Colts draft bust Bjoern Werner is having more fun in Jax 

Post#3 » by UCF » Wed May 25, 2016 2:57 pm

He obviously had talent to go in the first round. Was he injury prone?

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars