Justin Blackmon back in court

Moderators: UCF, JaxMagic

JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Justin Blackmon back in court 

Post#1 » by JaxMagic » Thu Jun 9, 2016 1:13 am

http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2016-06-08/suspended-jaguars-receiver-justin-blackmon-not-headed#article=67965814956FFFC7E4F8F8670DBE3F9517AA

Such a shame. One of the biggest "what-ifs" in Jags history will be what would have happened in Blackmon had cleaned up his act and came back to the team.

He was a stud on the field and showed the potential to be a Dez Bryant clone. A receiving group of Blackmon, Robinson, Hurns, Thomas, and Lee would have been deadly.

Sad.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Re: Justin Blackmon back in court 

Post#2 » by UCF » Thu Jun 9, 2016 1:37 am

Such a wasted opportunity. I hope for his sake he gets his life back in order. I don't see how him coming back is an option since it's been so long since he last played.
dirtymike
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#3 » by dirtymike » Thu Jun 9, 2016 12:46 pm

JaxMagic wrote:http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2016-06-08/suspended-jaguars-receiver-justin-blackmon-not-headed#article=67965814956FFFC7E4F8F8670DBE3F9517AA

Such a shame. One of the biggest "what-ifs" in Jags history will be what would have happened in Blackmon had cleaned up his act and came back to the team.

He was a stud on the field and showed the potential to be a Dez Bryant clone. A receiving group of Blackmon, Robinson, Hurns, Thomas, and Lee would have been deadly.

Sad.

Sad indeed. Just a string of bad 1st round WR picks for the Jags. (Soward, Jones, Blakmon) He was a beast! I was just so upset with him when this first went down!!
Plan B: Make Plan A work- Dirty Mike
dirtymike
Rookie

Post#4 » by dirtymike » Thu Jun 9, 2016 12:48 pm

UCF wrote:Such a wasted opportunity. I hope for his sake he gets his life back in order. I don't see how him coming back is an option since it's been so long since he last played.

Me either. Clearly he does not have the discipline! What would make him stay in shape if he didn't have the discipline to stay out of trouble? I wish him the best. And a speedy return to a team soon. I don't think the Jags want him anywhere near out young core.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by JaxMagic » Thu Jun 9, 2016 1:55 pm

dirtymike wrote:
JaxMagic wrote:http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2016-06-08/suspended-jaguars-receiver-justin-blackmon-not-headed#article=67965814956FFFC7E4F8F8670DBE3F9517AA

Sad.

Sad indeed. Just a string of bad 1st round WR picks for the Jags. (Soward, Jones, Blakmon) He was a beast! I was just so upset with him when this first went down!!

Thank God we finally broke the WR curse with Robinson and Hurns! Those two took the sting off of Blackmon. The team pretty much had nothing since Jimmy left and Blackmon looked like he was going to be an absolute star. Well now we definitely have two in ARob and Hurns.
dirtymike
Rookie

Post#6 » by dirtymike » Thu Jun 9, 2016 3:04 pm

JaxMagic wrote:
dirtymike wrote:

Sad.

Thank God we finally broke the WR curse with Robinson and Hurns! Those two took the sting off of Blackmon. The team pretty much had nothing since Jimmy left and Blackmon looked like he was going to be an absolute star. Well now we definitely have two in ARob and Hurns.

So I was wondering....what if he did come back. Like, would we have drafted Robinson and would we have signed Hurns, who, by the way, is an excellent feel-good story! Kid playing in a big school but on a bad team to not even get drafted but worked his butt off and got PAID!!! What if Blackmon was allowed back earlier. Sad story...but it is DEF working out in the Jags favor, like you said.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by JaxMagic » Thu Jun 9, 2016 3:47 pm

dirtymike wrote:
JaxMagic wrote:
dirtymike wrote:Sad indeed. Just a string of bad 1st round WR picks for the Jags. (Soward, Jones, Blakmon) He was a beast! I was just so upset with him when this first went down!!

So I was wondering....what if he did come back. Like, would we have drafted Robinson and would we have signed Hurns, who, by the way, is an excellent feel-good story! Kid playing in a big school but on a bad team to not even get drafted but worked his butt off and got PAID!!! What if Blackmon was allowed back earlier. Sad story...but it is DEF working out in the Jags favor, like you said.

Had Blackmon cleaned up his act prior to the 2014 draft, I think Caldwell still would've drafted Marqise Lee but probably wouldn't have traded up for Allen Robinson. The best case scenario would've been Blackmon cleaning up later. Had he came back clean and motivated you would have had an insane WR lineup of Robinson, Hurns, Blackmon, and Lee. Bortles literally could look anywhere on the field and have a stud receiver running around. This also would've pushed Marqise Lee to KR (where he was a stud in college). The only reason Bradley doesn't play Lee there now is he doesn't want to risk losing him and weakening the WR depth.

It's real painful to think about an offense with Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Blackmon, Thomas, Lewis, Lee, Yeldon, and Ivory complemented by a defense of Malik, Fowler, Telvin, Jack, Ramsey, and Gipson. Deadly.
dirtymike
Rookie

Post#8 » by dirtymike » Thu Jun 9, 2016 5:17 pm

If you threw Blackmon with this bunch.... :droop:
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#9 » by UCF » Thu Jun 9, 2016 7:43 pm

Not sure I would even want this guy on the team. If he's that immature it's better he stays away.
Jaxfann
Senior
And1: 40

Post#10 » by Jaxfann » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:14 am

Lets not look in the past - we have so much more to look forward to this season (I hope)!
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#11 » by UCF » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Any updated published on this?
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by JaxMagic » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:56 pm

UCF wrote:Any updated published on this?

I believe his court date got pushed back to August.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by JaxMagic » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars