2017 Mock Drafts

Moderators: UCF, JaxMagic

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

2017 Mock Drafts 

Post#1 » by UCF » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:39 pm

With the season done it's time to look ahead.

I really like the idea of drafting Davin Cook because of his ability to gain yards after contact (lets face it, our line isn't very good.

Http://www.blackandteal.com/2017/01/09/nfl-draft-predicting-jaguars-2017-picks/
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Re: 2017 Mock Drafts 

Post#2 » by JaxMagic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:05 pm

This draft will be unique as I have no idea which direction the Jags will go with Coughlin leading the way. I couldn't see Caldwell going RB high but I could see Coughlin going with a RB.

My ideal scenario right now would be to trade down a few spots and pick up an extra 2nd rounder. Then you could pick a RB (Cook/Fournette/Foreman) and then use your two 2nd rounders to get the best available OL man and best available pass rusher.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#3 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:18 pm

UCF wrote:With the season done it's time to look ahead.

I really like the idea of drafting Davin Cook because of his ability to gain yards after contact (lets face it, our line isn't very good.

Http://www.blackandteal.com/2017/01/09/nfl-draft-predicting-jaguars-2017-picks/

This is what scares me, as an FSU fan, I would hate to see Cook go to a team with a terrible O line. Or get stuck in the forever sucking of the Cleveland Browns. Draft Cook, please draft some O lineman or sign some in FA.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#4 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:14 pm

JaxMagic wrote:This draft will be unique as I have no idea which direction the Jags will go with Coughlin leading the way. I couldn't see Caldwell going RB high but I could see Coughlin going with a RB.

My ideal scenario right now would be to trade down a few spots and pick up an extra 2nd rounder. Then you could pick a RB (Cook/Fournette/Foreman) and then use your two 2nd rounders to get the best available OL man and best available pass rusher.

I do like the idea of trading down, could still take Cook/Fournette while adding another 2nd round pick. Then you could take 2 OL or and OL and pass rusher. IE G/C Ethan Pocic and DE DeMarcus Walker/Taco Charleton.

Is pass rusher a need though, more so than OL? Fowler/Jackson/Alualu/Ngakoue would be your front 4.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#5 » by UCF » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:19 pm

I tend to think you draft the best player available always. If it's a toss up, than factor position.

The Jags need to spend money on FA's to fill the holes in the lines imo.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#6 » by JaxMagic » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
JaxMagic wrote:This draft will be unique as I have no idea which direction the Jags will go with Coughlin leading the way. I couldn't see Caldwell going RB high but I could see Coughlin going with a RB.

I do like the idea of trading down, could still take Cook/Fournette while adding another 2nd round pick. Then you could take 2 OL or and OL and pass rusher. IE G/C Ethan Pocic and DE DeMarcus Walker/Taco Charleton.

Is pass rusher a need though, more so than OL? Fowler/Jackson/Alualu/Ngakoue would be your front 4.

If the Jags could get a draft of D.Cook, D.Feeney, and D.Walker I would flip. I am personally a real big fan of DeMarcus Walker.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#7 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:35 pm

JaxMagic wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

If the Jags could get a draft of D.Cook, D.Feeney, and D.Walker I would flip. I am personally a real big fan of DeMarcus Walker.

That would be an excellent haul in the first 2 rounds! I like Dan Feeney and Ethan Pocic, can't go wrong with either.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#8 » by UCF » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:52 pm

I feel better having Coughlin as part of the player evaluation process.

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars