ImageImage

Who is your all-time favorite brewer of the past/present

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#21 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:40 pm

I've genuinely liked the majority of players, but my favorites include Ben McDonald, D'Amico, David Hulse (Inside the park baby!), Mieske, Vaughn, Seitzer, Cirillo, Turner Ward, Ochoa (liked him in both stints), and Loretta.

There was a nice little stretch in the organization in the late 90s where the team would pick up someone who was quite easy to root for: Abbot, Nomo trying to resurrect his career (wanted them to sign him, was elated when they did), and an at the time old Julio Franco (who knew...).

Most disliked: Suppan,
Go Bucks!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#22 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:48 pm

MFScho wrote:Mieske

He has terrible penmanship. :)
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,046

Post#23 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:49 pm

MFScho wrote:I've genuinely liked the majority of players, but my favorites include Ben McDonald, D'Amico, David Hulse (Inside the park baby!), Mieske, Vaughn, Seitzer, Cirillo, Turner Ward, Ochoa (liked him in both stints), and Loretta.

There was a nice little stretch in the organization in the late 90s where the team would pick up someone who was quite easy to root for: Abbot, Nomo trying to resurrect his career (wanted them to sign him, was elated when they did), and an at the time old Julio Franco (who knew...).

Most disliked: Suppan,

You're just jealous of his rugged good looks

8)
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#24 » by bigkurty » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:34 am

Past in order of top 5:
1. Paul Molitor
2. Jim Gantner
3. Dan Plesac
4. Randy Ready (I liked the name when I was a kid)
5. Teddy Higuera

For some reason I never liked Yount cause everyone liked him and I thought he was overrated. Haha, I was just a kid so what did I know.

Present in order:
1. Braun
2. Fielder
3. Gallardo
4. Sheets
5. Hardy/Weeks/Hart in a tie

I really dislike Yost now and he was past and present so I think thats a good way to go out.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#25 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:30 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He has terrible penmanship. :)

I only liked him because he reminded me of Tom Selleck.

Joking of course.

You're just jealous of his rugged good looks

Caught me DB!

I do commend Jeff for his charity work that he's done. He certainly has plenty of extra money to throw towards worthy causes. I'll actually be rooting for him to have a high K game in the final weeks for the foundation for families of fallen soldiers, very worthy cause.
Go Bucks!
John6988
Senior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by John6988 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:02 am

Past it has to be Yount and Molitor.. Yount simply because the first game I went to he gave me a ball.. even though some silly yatch from the class took it from me and the teacher wouldnt make her give it back.. ANYWAY.. pain of years past..

present has to be Hart, Hall, and Gross.
GO BUCKS, BREWERS, and the PACK!!!
brewcityboii
Rookie

Post#27 » by brewcityboii » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:25 pm

I can't believe I forgot to Mention Cal Eldred. He was great in 91'
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#28 » by IrishRainbow » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:46 pm

If I go back to the earliest times that I recall going to and/or giving a damn about them...I always had Gumby around me....and when Jimmy came around my dad was the splitting image of Yount at the time....Now he looks more like the Mike Schmit of the time. But my Mom grew up in Eden with Jimmy and her and him would go to the local ballpark every other day. Story goes that Jimmy insisted on being all-time infielder. So she would do the whole 'throw the ball up and hit it' to him. I'm gonna have to go with Gumby because I had that tie with my mother, who was taken by God WAY too early. Later...yeah, Vaughn....Deer....but I so wanted Johnny Jaha to be the man! Now?...like someone else said...with the likeability of all of them and the fact that they're all so promising....I love Prince's non-chalant character....but I also like the over exposed confidence of Braun....a city like this does need some of both. But I'm always going out of my way to not be a follower so, with the most obvious current young players listed multiple times....I'm gonna give Jenks a vote. He's been here sooo long through sooo many losing seasons and attitudes. When his name would come up in some unsubstantiated trade rumor I would be so pissed...He's been here from the start and is a big part of the reason that they were half as successfull as they were duriong that period. Finally a team built to win and I really hope that the organization at least gives him the chance to be a part of it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#29 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:55 pm

I liked Pat Listach alot back in the day.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#30 » by IrishRainbow » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:35 pm

yeah, Pat DirtyMustasche was sweet his rookie year.....
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#31 » by Siefer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:55 am

Past: Yount
Present: Fielder
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#32 » by livestrong4ever » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:11 am

cant belive no one has said this one

past yost
present yost

i
Dwade03
Head Coach
And1: 200

Post#33 » by Dwade03 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:27 pm

Past: Burnitz

Present: Braun, Fielder, Gallardo
Ruben Douglas
Veteran
And1: 25

Post#34 » by Ruben Douglas » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:11 pm

1. Paul Molitor
2. Ernest Riles
3. Dan Plesac
4. Robin Yount
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#35 » by trwi7 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:15 pm

Forgot Corey Hart on my list. I love the way he plays.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
schweig
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by schweig » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:43 am

Past is Cooper, Simmons, Aaron's probably in there, Nieves, and Jim Paciorek's in there for the catch he made after a bad break that looked even better than the one by Yount that ended that no-hitter. Jaha, Seitzer and Weathers represent the lean years.

I can't really pick one current favorite either, and my jersey's blank. But Sheets's status is pending the next week+, and Weeks, Cordero, Hart, Hall are all up there. Fielder too of course by default.

Also I've been getting nostalgic about Jenkins this year, since he took me from middle school to getting married.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#37 » by livestrong4ever » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:49 am

trwi7 wrote:Forgot Corey Hart on my list. I love the way he plays.

I always thought he was the most underated out of fielder weeks hardy.
HDMAVS760CA
Senior
And1: 22

Post#38 » by HDMAVS760CA » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:07 am

Dang man, there's some names of Brewer players I 4got about. In my kid years in the early 80's there were lots of likable teams & players. Brewer players I liked then was Molitor, Yount, Cooper, Oglivie, Fingers, Gorman was alright. And thanks whoever mentioned Ted Simmons on a past post. If I watched MLB 2day of the Brewers it would definitely be Prince & J.J Hardy. I did see Hardy play 1 minor league game with the High Desert Mavericks 5 years ago. But didn't see him when I went to a couple more minor league games in the summer then. I guess he moved up quickly to AA between those games.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#39 » by bigkurty » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:05 pm

Another good name missing off this list is B.J. Surhoff. I used to love to watch that guy hit.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#40 » by cam2win » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:32 pm

The past was Jim Gantner. I remember wanting to play 2nd in Little League cause of him. I went to a game where he almost hit a grand slam. I still remember how excited I was...until the ball was caught at the warning track.

Current is a tie with JJ and someone nobody mentioned Carlos V. When CV came up last year I was instanlty impressed with the kids poise and production. Ask anyone in my circle of friends and they'll tell you I've been wearing his name out all year wanting him to start. Glad he finally got the chance and is shining :clap:

Return to Milwaukee Brewers