ImageImageImage

Miami Dolphins/Miami Marlins Thread

RhapidKid
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Miami Dolphins Thread 

Post#201 » by RhapidKid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:44 am

C'mon guys, really? You don't like the pick? I think he's gonna be great for us.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,484

Post#202 » by El Alonzo scowl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:46 am

Noodle Arm wrote:Damn, you guys are much more bitter than FinHeaven :lol:

Look on the bright side, we also drafted Tannehill's hot wife

That's because half of FinHeaven are blind homers and aren't even from South Florida.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#203 » by DefenseWins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:53 am

So we drafted a poor man's Tebow? wha?
RhapidKid
Banned User

Post#204 » by RhapidKid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:54 am

DefenseWins wrote:So we drafted a poor man's Tebow? wha?

:lol:

Relax, man. He won't be that poor.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,484

Post#205 » by El Alonzo scowl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:59 am

DefenseWins wrote:So we drafted a poor man's Tebow? wha?

Nah we drafted another Chad Henne. A guy with physical tools but nothing inside the helmet.
babycry14
Pro Prospect
And1: 131

Post#206 » by babycry14 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:00 am

He's been a qb for like what, a year and a half, and was still projected to be in the first round. No where to go but up for him.
ImageImageImage
RhapidKid
Banned User

Post#207 » by RhapidKid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:16 am

babycry14 wrote:He's been a qb for like what, a year and a half, and was still projected to be in the first round. No where to go but up for him.

This.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,525

Post#208 » by Heat3 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:17 am

babycry14 wrote:He's been a qb for like what, a year and a half, and was still projected to be in the first round. No where to go but up for him.

He wasn't even a 1st round projection! The other QBs decided to go back to school and this guy's stock moved up by default :lol: Then he kept climbing not because he did anything (cause his season was long over by then) but because of buzz. The tried and true method of the bust :lol:

I'd like to be proven wrong....but I know I won't be :(
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#209 » by DefenseWins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:18 am

I'd be extremely jealous if Andrew Luck turns out to be a phenom of a QB for Colts and they just got rid of Peyton. WHERE IS OUR LUCK?! (no pun intended...?)
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,249

Post#210 » by WD » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:50 am

I thought i'd be retired before I see the Dolphins in the rebuilding mode, but here we are. i am gonna wait and see how we finish out the whole draft process. We could get "lucky"(pun intended)
#HEATLifer
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#211 » by DefenseWins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:52 am

WD wrote:I thought i'd be retired before I see the Dolphins in the rebuilding mode, but here we are. i am gonna wait and see how we finish out the whole draft process. We could get "lucky"(pun intended)

lol
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#212 » by Pimpwerx » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:37 am

DefenseWins wrote:I'd be extremely jealous if Andrew Luck turns out to be a phenom of a QB for Colts and they just got rid of Peyton. WHERE IS OUR LUCK?! (no pun intended...?)

We suck at tanking. I was on the Suck for Luck bandwagon after like Week3. Then Matt Moore happened. We shoulda traded the farm to get RG3. PEACE.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#213 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:14 am

It really is depressing, but oh well. Hope Ryan proves me wrong about him.. cause we need a QB bad but even Philbin's words didn't make me excited about our near future, saying things like Texas did not put him through a fundamentals program just shows how raw of a prospect he is.

Him being that raw means he will be sitting out a year or two and Moore will be the starter.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,525

Post#214 » by Heat3 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:45 am

Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

RhapidKid
Banned User

Post#215 » by RhapidKid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:48 am

Heat3 wrote:Image

WELCOME TO MIAMI BIAAAATCH!!!!! :D
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#216 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:09 am

Honestly that girl is an attention whore. :lol: She's hot though but yeah... I think she's probably more excited than he is. You can see dollar signs on her eyes.
FlashKing
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#217 » by FlashKing » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:50 am

Did Tennehill want to come down here?
Flashpoint
Bench Warmer
And1: 168

Post#218 » by Flashpoint » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 am

:lol: What a pack of complainers. At the very least you should admire the chance the Dolphins took. It was the right and necessary pick whether it pans out or not. Tannehill is physically gifted to the point that potential outstrips experience. I have little to no respect for Ireland but this was the necessarily ballsy move the team needed for some sliver of hope.
Moggs24
Senior
And1: 84

OT: NFL Draft 

Post#219 » by Moggs24 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Calling all Fins fans to talk the 2012 Draft. How do you guys feel about he first pick of the new regime?

Personally I am irate. Just looks like another reactionary pick that is very unlikely to pan out. We have drafted 4 QBs now since 07 high in the draft,and the other three had little to no impact on our roster. Was really hoping we would take a better value at the number 8 pick, but sadly the fins are a very poor organization.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#220 » by Pimpwerx » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Flashpoint wrote::lol: What a pack of complainers. At the very least you should admire the chance the Dolphins took. It was the right and necessary pick whether it pans out or not. Tannehill is physically gifted to the point that potential outstrips experience. I have little to no respect for Ireland but this was the necessarily ballsy move the team needed for some sliver of hope.

The ballsy move wasn't overreaching on a guy that has bust written all over him. When's the last time a QB with "potential" worked? This WR-to-QB thing has shades of Matt Jones all over it. And honestly, Matt Jones probably won more games in a tougher conference (on Arkansas compared to aTm).

The actual ballsy and necessary move was trading whatever it took to get RG3. The guys who went 1 and 2 are locks to be great. The guy we got at 8 is someone who wasn't even supposed to go 30th before Barks and Landry decided to say on campus to bang coeds another year.

Considering how we **** up every pick in every draft anyway, trading what St. Louis was asking was the smart move. Apparently Ross only wanted Peyton, then he left the rest up to Ireland and co. So this decision is squarely on Ireland's head.

Personally, this is a job security hire. Took a project QB and a OC from a college that wasn't exactly known for great offense. This is like when we signed the OC from the Browns' awful offense. So between Sherman, Philbin and Tannehill, Ireland's signed 3 scapegoats who will be able to take the fall before he does. Awesome! :(

I wish Jeff Ireland was GM of the team I love. He is responsible for the overwhelming apathy the city has for this team. You can say we're complainers, but there's nothing this Dolphins administration has done that should give anyone confidence. In case anyone forgot, we passed over Drew Brees and ended up drafting a QB that season. Josh Heupl out of Oklahoma. I think we took him in the 2nd or 3rd. He's not even in the league anymore. We suck badly at drafting. Shoulda gone for the sure thing. PEACE.

Return to Miami Dolphins