ImageImageImage

Fins season prediction thread

Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Fins season prediction thread 

Post#1 » by Lane1974 » Sun Sep 6, 2009 1:00 pm

what are your expectation? Record-wise? Player wise (does Penny have a 2nd consecutive superb year? Does Henne play at all?)

I say we are a better team, but worse record. Our schedule is brutal, and too many things went in our favor last year, serendipitously... I am predicting 8-8.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,216

Re: Fins season prediction thread 

Post#2 » by Heat3 » Sun Sep 6, 2009 4:16 pm

10-6 and win the division!
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,510

Post#3 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Sep 6, 2009 11:23 pm

A lot depends on our rookies I think. Sean Smith and Vonta Davis are going to be studs. Hartline and Turner need to contribute right away as well. This is our best draft class since 96 when JJ was running things.
Davone Bess is going to be my darkhorse for breakout player and top reciever on this team. I expect him to get the most receptions in our core. Ginn needs to become an every down deep threat.
Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams should hold it down for another year in the backfield.
This is going to be a hell of a season and a hard fought one. I expect us to be in every game.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#4 » by Flash3 » Sun Sep 6, 2009 11:29 pm

9-7, with a chance to even go 8-8. -- I'm hoping I am WAY wrong, but I don't see how we get double digit wins unless our offense finds a consistent way to run the ball which allows Pennington easier paths to throw the ball.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,858

Post#5 » by unowen85 » Mon Sep 7, 2009 12:56 am

Quite frankly, I'd be impressed if they can muscle out six wins this season. To get any more than that, Ronnie Brown is going to need to have like a fifteen hundred yard season on the ground, Pennington another near perfect season in terms of turnovers and completion percentage, and Jason Allen blossoming and literally single-handedly making sure we don't get other team's special teams running over us. You go to hell Goodell, you go to hell and you die.

Ronnie Brown, Chad Pennington, Jason Allen. Our big three.
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?

Return to Miami Dolphins