ImageImageImage

Chad Henne, Ted Ginn, and Davone Bess

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,458

Chad Henne, Ted Ginn, and Davone Bess 

Post#1 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Oct 2, 2009 1:25 pm

For Henne I think he is going to give us something we have sorerly lacked for the last ten years. A gutsy QB that isn't afraid to make mistakes, can lead a team, stay composed, and throw the damn deep ball with the same artistry as guys like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Jay Cutler do.
We all know we will see some harsh growing pains in our young QB but he is ready for this much like Aaron Rogers was in Green Bay. I have all the confidence in Henne and while we may not win a lot of games the rest of the year I do see us battling hard with Henne leading and carrying at times. This should no doubt also increase the productions of our recievers who actually have already been quite productive within the limits of Chad Pennington.

Davone Bess is quietly ranked 8th overall in receptions in the entire NFL and is on pace for a 90 catch and 790 yards recieving. Both catches and yards could go up with Henne back there throwing the deep ball. Either way it's not bad production from an undrafted rookie a year ago who was deemed undersized and too slow to play in the pros. Bess is a keeper and a solid number 2 reciever in this league. Some would even argue that he is our number 1.

Ted Ginn ranks at 23 in receptions so far with 13. He seems to be on one night and off the next. If Ginn can find consistancy in his game he will be our number 1 and a damn good one at that. He's on pace for a 70 catch season with about 714 yards. His YPC needs to come up. Ginn is a deep threat that hasn't been used as a deep threat since he got into this league. Now is his chance with Henne back there. I look and hope for Ginn to improve throughout the year.

Some would argue and say that what we have are two very decent number 2 recievers on this team but lets give Chad Henne a chance to provide that and maybe pad their stats into an upper echelon of players.

Keep in mind both Ginn and Bess are ahead statistic wise right now of super star recievers such as Calvin Johnson, Tory Holt, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall, and Derrick Mason.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Re: Chad Henne, Ted Ginn, and Davone Bess 

Post#2 » by TheOGJabroni » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:09 pm

I still wish we could have landed someone like Braylon Edwards. He could have made our offense flourish, pushing Ginn pack to being the #2 receiver, where he should be. And Bess/Camarillo the slot guys.

Henne really does add a nice new look to this team, as long as he continues to not make any mistakes which is why Pennington was so great.

30-40 carries for Ronnie and Ricky a night, whether it be in the Wild Cat or standard offense. And 25 or so passes from Henne, including now a few long balls to utilize Ginn to his fullest potential and open up the field, and that is a formula for success IMO.

Return to Miami Dolphins