ImageImage

Potential to be BEST YOUNG INFIELD IN LAST 10 YEARS?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

deep throat
Banned User
And1: 0

Potential to be BEST YOUNG INFIELD IN LAST 10 YEARS? 

Post#1 » by deep throat » Wed May 9, 2007 4:31 pm

1b - Prince Fielder- prince should be a guy in the home run race for the next ten years. Tales of his mythical like power displayed for Scouts in batting ractice is being realized this year. Not only does he provide premier power, but he hits around .300.

2b-Rickie Weeks-He has been mediocre this year so far offensively, but he has unusual power for a 2nd baseman, top level speed, and is quickly becoming one of the better young defensive players (using his speed to get to balls).

SS- JJ is the talk of the league. Not only does he hit for average, but brings considerable power (realistic 20-25 HR guy). His defense is a srength. It's been hard to find ANY holes in his game.

3B- Braun- This may be one of the most anticiapeted players in the history of the Brewers Farm sytem. Just about as can't miss as you can get. Has hit for average and power. If he can get better defensively he should be a star.

This is going to be fun watching this develop over next few years. I have little doubt people will be talking about them as one of the better young infields in years.
Check out this site http://nflplaya.com/
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,366

Post#2 » by crkone » Wed May 9, 2007 4:44 pm

All we need to do now is get our OF situation settled after Jenks and Mench leave.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,847

Post#3 » by Ayt » Wed May 9, 2007 4:55 pm

The encouraging thing about Weeks, despite the low BA, is that his power numbers are way up. He hit only 8 HR's last year, and he already has 5 in a third of the number of AB's.

His OBP is also .104 points higher than his BA which is outstanding.
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#4 » by Posey H8er » Wed May 9, 2007 5:15 pm

I would rather say 5 years. 10 years from now is a long way away, plus they will have aged a bit more.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,600

Post#5 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 9, 2007 5:30 pm

Posey H8er wrote:I would rather say 5 years. 10 years from now is a long way away, plus they will have aged a bit more.

Potential to be BEST YOUNG INFIELD IN THE LAST 10 YEARS.

Not next.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#6 » by bigkurty » Wed May 9, 2007 7:37 pm

crkone wrote:All we need to do now is get our OF situation settled after Jenks and Mench leave.

I am thinking Gwynn is proving too talented to let go. I think once Jenk's and Mench's contracts are up, we let them walk, start Gwynn in Center, and move Billy to Left and keep Hart in Right.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#7 » by IrishRainbow » Wed May 9, 2007 9:31 pm

Potential wise, and I hate that 'P' word, they already are. When you look around the league there isn't another group of infielders this young and this talented. Look back for that 10 years, is there another set of even 3 outta the 4 infielders that were this young and this productive? You add Braun to this mix and you have, once again potentially, one of the best hitting....and it's turning out to be a great defensive set... in quite a long time, far eclipsing the 10 year parameters.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#8 » by Buck You » Thu May 10, 2007 3:44 am

The Brewers management built this team right for once and it is paying off in a huge way.
deep throat
Banned User

Post#9 » by deep throat » Fri May 11, 2007 6:16 pm

bigkurty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am thinking Gwynn is proving too talented to let go. I think once Jenk's and Mench's contracts are up, we let them walk, start Gwynn in Center, and move Billy to Left and keep Hart in Right.

I'm a little mixed on Gwynn. You would like a little more power from your Center Fielder, but he is fast and is a great young defensive player. They could always move Braun to left and put Hall at 3rd. Billy has been very suspect in CF thus far, but it's early. They may have to eventually trade for someone.
Check out this site http://nflplaya.com/
LeopoldStotch
Junior

Post#10 » by LeopoldStotch » Fri May 11, 2007 6:43 pm

I'm with Bigkurty. Gwynn has looked very impressive in the little action he gets. He's very athletic, has terrific speed, plays hard and can really flash the leather. His work at the plate this year has been a pleasant surprise given his sporadic playing time. I don't think his lack of power is a problem. We don't have great team speed so he can complement our power hitters (Fielder, Braun, Hall). Hall should be able to make the move to left. Gwynn is dynamite in center. Plus he's got one helluva pedigree.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers