ImageImageImage

off-season observations/other news

Moderator: Worm Guts

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,563

off-season observations/other news 

Post#1 » by hermes » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:49 pm

heard on the radio today that bridgewater has done pretty well in practices so far, good footwork among other things that i forgot - one note they had was that when he missed (usually to the right), he missed big time

also heard that the defense is the most aggressive in a long time (probably since before the tampa 2), not just a lot of blitzes but people all over the place doing different things. sounds like zimmer is doing a lot of different things to give people the best chance to succeed. also zimmer is all in on the defense, doesn't work with the offense at all - its all norv

barr missed the ota's and it shows, i guess he looks slightly lost and is trying to catch up. he's crazy fast and athletic but it seems like he's a long term project for zimmer right now. they said expect a few awesome plays from him but a lot of nondescript play as well. likely won't know for sure what we all have in barr until next year
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Re: offseason observations/training camp stuff 

Post#2 » by Jukeness » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:35 am

Everyone seems to really enjoy playing under Turner and Zimmer. Peterson backed up Frazier before his firing, but I think that's changed.
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#3 » by Jukeness » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:51 am

There's an incredible amount of confidence from the players and staff. I think part of it is the new environment, but they all seem to be on board that there are good times ahead.
White+Purple
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#4 » by White+Purple » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:27 am

Haven't been following it closely but one thing I heard was that Bridgewater had been accurate throwing deep.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#5 » by The J Rocka » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:58 am

White+Purple wrote:Haven't been following it closely but one thing I heard was that Bridgewater had been accurate throwing deep.

Just a camp highlight video. Probably leaving out a lot of other great throws but from this video he looks impressive:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KLLv3pUHg[/youtube]
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Re: off-season observations/other news 

Post#6 » by The J Rocka » Sat Aug 9, 2014 5:22 pm

Linval Joseph was shot in the calf but is okay. Thank god it wasn't anything more serious:

Eden Prairie, MN (August 9, 2014) – Following last night’s preseason game, Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Linval Joseph was an innocent bystander to the shooting that took place at the 400 SoundBar in downtown Minneapolis. Linval suffered a minor injury during the shooting when a stray bullet struck his calf. He was immediately taken to the hospital where he was treated for his injury and released. He is expected to return to his coaches and teammates this week.
The entire Vikings organization is extremely thankful that Linval was not seriously hurt, and our thoughts are with all of the victims of this shooting. The team will defer any further comment to the Minneapolis Police Department during its ongoing investigation

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/S ... 9_29445846
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,563

Re: off-season observations/other news 

Post#7 » by hermes » Sat Aug 9, 2014 6:10 pm

that is crazy, thank goodness he's alright

Return to Minnesota Vikings