Moderator: Worm Guts

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

week 3: chargers at vikings - noon 

Post#1 » by hermes » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:46 pm

chargers (1-1) at vikings (1-1)
noon

have we played the chargers since ap broke the rushing game record? because it seems like we haven't based on the stories about that game i've seen this week.

anyway, another week another lineman banged up - fusco with a concussion, although supposedly back at practice today

go vikings! :clap:
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Re: week 3: chargers at vikings - noon 

Post#2 » by Worm Guts » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Dominating win. Defense looked great and Peterson looked great. Teddy has to be better.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#3 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Rudolph dropping TD's doesn't help, but Teddy's accuracy seems off. Wondering how good he can really get when he throws sidearm a lot and wears batting gloves.

Defense had some sweet highlights though. Griffen just monster bulldozing King Dunlap and getting the sack was sweet. Half the team as a blocking convoy for Greenway was cool too. And Waynes showing he's no pushover was good to see too. Sendejo taking out our best corner and being out of position on that 3rd and 18 conversion wasn't very cool though, that guy needs to be more aware.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#4 » by Worm Guts » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:12 pm

After watching Manning a lot this year, I think Teddy might be similar in that he's much better from the shotgun. It gives him a better opportunity to see the defense and step into his throws.
The problem is that you can't be a run heavy team and play from the shotgun. At least I've never seen that before.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#5 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:21 pm

Worm Guts wrote:After watching Manning a lot this year, I think Teddy might be similar in that he's much better from the shotgun. It gives him a better opportunity to see the defense and step into his throws.
The problem is that you can't be a run heavy team and play from the shotgun. At least I've never seen that before.

AP makes for a better team, but I wouldn't be surprised if McKinnon was a better fit for TB. He's comfortable running out of the shotgun and catching the ball out of the backfield.

When they picked up Wallace, I was envisioning a stacked box and Wallace streaking down the field with 1 on 1 coverage and Teddy tossing 40 yarders to him, but that really hasn't transpired at all. I haven't even seen attempts.

Return to Minnesota Vikings