need to reign in gurley and tavon austin, and block for teddy

go vikings :clap:
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,467

Re: week 9: rams @ vikings, noon 

Post#2 » by Worm Guts » Sat Nov 7, 2015 6:50 pm

Huge game. The Rams are competition for a Wild Card spot, having the tiebreaker would be huge. I'm pretty nervous though, Floyd and Kendricks are out and Gurley seems unstoppable.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#3 » by hermes » Sun Nov 8, 2015 2:17 pm

yeah need to win these kind of games to prove we've turned a corner and compete are developing, etc

not just a team that beats up on bad teams
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#4 » by hermes » Sun Nov 8, 2015 9:39 pm

really tough game, great outing by our guys and we won!

not great: the play-calling right before the tie fg drive by rams, and the dirty play on teddy! :evil:

we did a good job on gurley and adrian had a good game (fumbles again! :evil: )

hopefully teddy is alright and will be good to go going forward because its not looking good for the pack right now and we could be tied for the division lead
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#5 » by Worm Guts » Mon Nov 9, 2015 2:59 am

Hopefully Teddy gets well soon because Sean Hill didn't show much. It's a big win though, we're tied for first and we have the tiebreaker over the Rams who I'm guessing will contend for the Wild Card.
It bold move by Zimmer to kick at the beginning of overtime, but it was a good one.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#6 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Nov 9, 2015 5:57 am

Another miraculous win. With how many close calls they've had, I'm surprised the team is over .500, much less tied for the division lead. Did you know every single team in the AFC has scored more touchdowns this year than the Vikings? They're pulling out the winning moves though. Deferring possession in OT was cold-blooded. It made a ton of sense too.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#7 » by Worm Guts » Mon Nov 9, 2015 11:15 am

Two wins by a field goal, one loss by field goal. I don't know if that's too outrageous in terms of luck.
The defense is pretty good though, and that allows us to stay in games. Teddy has been inconsistent and the offense has been conservative. We'll see if Teddy can step up when he needs to, the schedule gets a lot tougher from here on out.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#8 » by Devilzsidewalk » Mon Nov 9, 2015 4:16 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Two wins by a field goal, one loss by field goal. I don't know if that's too outrageous in terms of luck.
The defense is pretty good though, and that allows us to stay in games. Teddy has been inconsistent and the offense has been conservative. We'll see if Teddy can step up when he needs to, the schedule gets a lot tougher from here on out.

You're right - it's not super crazy, I'm just thinking back to how easily they could have lost the games against the Chiefs, Bears, and now the Rams. Stuff like Forte's replacement dropping an easy game-sealing pass and Charles Johnson coming down with basically a hail mary against Chicago just seemed really lucky to me. But NFL games are often decided by crazy plays like that I guess.

Return to Minnesota Vikings