2017 season game thread

Moderator: Worm Guts

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Re: 2017 season game thread 

Post#161 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:14 pm

If you think this team was 13-3, so let's try to do the same thing again, then resigning Case is probably the correct move. I would just say the Championship game shook that idea some for me.
It's not the switch at QB that I think would be beneficial, it's that the potential difference in salary is a Riley Reiff caliber free agent. It's an extra starter, but it's huge gamble.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#162 » by Worm Guts » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:24 pm

At least the Vikings are dominating the pro bowl.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#163 » by hermes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:50 pm

i'll laugh so i won't cry i guess

i had completely forgotten the pro bowl was even on
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,964

Post#164 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Worm Guts wrote:At least the Vikings are dominating the pro bowl.

LOL, I said the exact same thing at work: Looks like we saved all our big plays for the Pro Bowl.

And on your previous post, it's a very, very valid question. I'd be lying if I haven't wondered that the championship game exposed us to a certain degree. Like I said somewhere else, it's especially disheartening considering the Eagles did that to us without the likely MVP before he was injured and a Pro Bowl offensive lineman.

And as well as we played, and as much as I like this team, they seem a lot closer to 10-6 than 13-3 to me. That's borderline dominant, and we're just not at that level. Our MO is to limit mistakes, play D and move the ball just well enough rather than flat-out murder people. So yeah, I think we absolutely need another stud or two to get where we want to go. Hopefully Cook comes back 100 percent and that's one of them right there. But I definitely think we stand some improvement in the offensive line and, as crazy as it might sound given our No. 1 ranking, both the defensive line and secondary.

So while I'd be extremely reluctant to let Keenum walk, it would be hard to argue going with Bridgewater if we could make improvements in a few of those spots.

Return to Minnesota Vikings