ImageImageImage

MY 2018 WAR ROOM DRAFT

Moderator: Worm Guts

SmokeyK
Junior
And1: 19

MY 2018 WAR ROOM DRAFT 

Post#1 » by SmokeyK » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:05 pm

Bowl season so I guess it’s the start of filling in the holes... BERGER gone next season I see REMMERS sliding to G or HILL taking over at RT...

Because the draft is unpredictable I always put 1-6 players at each round.... you never know who falls and who we pick which would Chang or eliminate players listed in the next round. After the first I usually list who I think will be the better players of the round left...

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SmokeyK
Junior

Re: MY 2018 WAR ROOM DRAFT 

Post#2 » by SmokeyK » Tue Dec 5, 2017 5:32 pm

SmokeyK wrote:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th

My 1st round has a lot... vikes position is up in air plus the combine will trim some fat...

1st Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame - Vita Vea | DL | Washington - Orlando Brown | OT | Oklahoma - Malik Jefferson | LB | Texas - Rashaan Evans | LB | Alabama - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo | EDGE | Oklahoma - Josh Jackson | CB | Iowa - Da’Ron Payne | DL | Alabama -Chukwuma Okorafor | OT | Western Michigan - Marcus Allen | S | Penn State - | Martinas Rankin | OT | Mississippi State - Braden Smith | G | Auburn - Harrison Phillips | DL | Stanford

2nd Isaiah Wynn | OL | Georgia - Dorance Armstrong, Jr. | - Tremaine Edmunds | LB | Virginia Tech - Dre’Mont Jones | DL | - Derrick Nnadi | DL | Florida State - Mason Cole | OL | Michigan - Dorian O’Daniel | LB | - Cameron Smith | LB | USC - Tyrell Crosby | OT | - Anthony Averett | CB | Alabama

3rd Quin Blanding | S | - Duke Ejiofor | EDGE | Wake Forest - M.J. Stewart | CB | North - Josey Jewell | LB | Iowa - Jaylen Samuels | RB/TE/WR | North Carolina - Marcus Davenport | EDGE | UTSA - Iman Marshall | DB | USC

4th we don’t have but I’ll list anyway
Kendall Joseph | LB | Clemson - Holton Hill | CB | Texas - Kyzir White | S | West Virginia - T.J. Edwards | LB | Wisconsin - | Royce Freeman | RB | Oregon - Tyrone Crowder | OL | Clemson

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#3 » by Worm Guts » Tue Dec 5, 2017 6:00 pm

Nice work! I haven't really been following the draft since the Vikings have been good this year, but it's nice to know some of the players I can watch during bowl season.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,658

Post#4 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Dec 5, 2017 8:06 pm

With the much improved OL play do you all still think we go that route in the draft? Or are we at the spot now in our roster where we dont really have any massive holes to try and fill and we go after the best pick available?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#5 » by Worm Guts » Wed Dec 6, 2017 12:39 am

I think our OL has played well enough where we don’t have to consider it a huge need but it’s still probably on the list. I would think OL, LB and DT for consideration in the 1st round.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#6 » by hermes » Wed Dec 6, 2017 1:29 am

the draft? we're in the middle of a great season and we want to worry about this now?

i do like that there are a couple hawkeyes in there though. should get them both to combine with jaleel johnson so we can have all the 'jj' hawkeyes
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,980

Post#7 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:29 am

Duke4life831 wrote:With the much improved OL play do you all still think we go that route in the draft? Or are we at the spot now in our roster where we dont really have any massive holes to try and fill and we go after the best pick available?

If you go by Pro Football Focus grades, it's still the weakest part of our team by a pretty large margin. That's not to say they haven't played well. Frankly, I'm shocked they've been this effective. It also helps that Keenum moves so well in the pocket. But the point remains, I still think you look to beef up the line unless you know you've got a can't-miss pick somewhere else, like end or linebacker in case somebody throws a boatload at Hunter or Barr here coming up.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:22 am

Right now my ideal situation is Case continues his good play and we sign him for another 1 year deal or 2 year deal. One of the 5 QBs (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Miller, Allen) drops to us or near us for us to trade up to get. If one of those dont fall (probably wont I know) Im all for getting a raw freak athlete at whatever position. If one of those arent available then Im cool with a OT or a LB.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#9 » by Worm Guts » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:02 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Right now my ideal situation is Case continues his good play and we sign him for another 1 year deal or 2 year deal. One of the 5 QBs (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Miller, Allen) drops to us or near us for us to trade up to get. If one of those dont fall (probably wont I know) Im all for getting a raw freak athlete at whatever position. If one of those arent available then Im cool with a OT or a LB.

I thought 5 QB's seemed like a lot to go in the 1st round, so I checked Cammo's mock draft and found that he had 6 going before our pick.
Is Miller a typo or do you like someone different than Cammo?
He had Rudolph and Jackson along with the other 4.
hermes
RealGM

Post#10 » by hermes » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:33 pm

and let teddy walk in free agency? a lot of fans won't like that but if he doesn't get in to play this year i don't know what else you can do
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#11 » by Worm Guts » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:39 pm

hermes wrote:and let teddy walk in free agency? a lot of fans won't like that but if he doesn't get in to play this year i don't know what else you can do

Can we afford both Case and Teddy? I don't know, and I think we ultimately need to wait until the end of the season to decide who our starting QB will be next year. Hopefully Teddy will get a chance to play against the Bears.
I probably wouldn't be looking to draft a QB in the 1st round this year, but if there are 6 first round prospects, it may be a unique opportunity to get a quality QB at the end of the 1st round.
hermes
RealGM

Post#12 » by hermes » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:52 pm

case is going to get paid for sure but i don't know if there is that much of a market for teddy right now. i wouldn't want to commit any kind of significant money to him - he hasn't played for a year and a half and is coming off a pretty devastating injury. no one knows how he'll perform when he gets back out there but it seems that it would be foolish to throw starter-level money at him for a few years with all those unknowns

but its a good point, even if teddy can be had on the cheap we still might not be able to afford him (depending on how much case could get). teddy is in some weird middle ground between back-up and starter - who knows what that pays
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#13 » by Worm Guts » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:12 pm

hermes wrote:case is going to get paid for sure but i don't know if there is that much of a market for teddy right now. i wouldn't want to commit any kind of significant money to him - he hasn't played for a year and a half and is coming off a pretty devastating injury. no one knows how he'll perform when he gets back out there but it seems that it would be foolish to throw starter-level money at him for a few years with all those unknowns

but its a good point, even if teddy can be had on the cheap we still might not be able to afford him (depending on how much case could get). teddy is in some weird middle ground between back-up and starter - who knows what that pays

Some other questions- Will Teddy be looking to start? Will he have the opportunity to start somewhere else? Do we want to bring both back and have the immediate QB controversy that goes with it?
hermes
RealGM

Post#14 » by hermes » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:33 pm

some tough questions thats for sure. i wouldn't want to make some of these calls

another important question: does pat shurmur want to be a head coach again?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Right now my ideal situation is Case continues his good play and we sign him for another 1 year deal or 2 year deal. One of the 5 QBs (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Miller, Allen) drops to us or near us for us to trade up to get. If one of those dont fall (probably wont I know) Im all for getting a raw freak athlete at whatever position. If one of those arent available then Im cool with a OT or a LB.

I thought 5 QB's seemed like a lot to go in the 1st round, so I checked Cammo's mock draft and found that he had 6 going before our pick.
Is Miller a typo or do you like someone different than Cammo?
He had Rudolph and Jackson along with the other 4.

Ya it's a typo, no clue why I wrote Miller instead of Jackson. Ya I'm not the biggest fan of Rudolph. I just don't see star potential with him. He's an average athlete with average tools and after Ponder and Teddy I want someone with a higher star ceiling when we go after another QB. Allen is my favorite QB in the group but I know he's not going to drop.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#16 » by Worm Guts » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:38 am

Jackson seems very similar to Michael Vick, and the only issue I have with that is you get a very different career arc than a typical QB. Basically he’s going to peak in his mid to late 20’s until he loses his explosiveness, then he needs to reinvent himself or fade away.
Baker Mayfield reminds me a little of Johnny Manziel with the attitude, I prefer my QB’s more even keeled. Although Mayfield managed to go from a walk on to a Heisman Trophy winner, so maybe his attitude can be more focused into his work ethic.
Don’t know anything about Allen.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Jackson seems very similar to Michael Vick, and the only issue I have with that is you get a very different career arc than a typical QB. Basically he’s going to peak in his mid to late 20’s until he loses his explosiveness, then he needs to reinvent himself or fade away.
Baker Mayfield reminds me a little of Johnny Manziel with the attitude, I prefer my QB’s more even keeled. Although Mayfield managed to go from a walk on to a Heisman Trophy winner, so maybe his attitude can be more focused into his work ethic.
Don’t know anything about Allen.

Jackson is just so fast and like Vick he can just flick the ball 50 yards down the field with ease. But I do question his slender frame and there is just something about his delivery that just seems off to me.

Mayfield definitely has a lot of Manziel similarities. Similar size and playing styles and of course the attitude and off the field questions. But there is no denying that he plays with an edge out on the field and it makes him one exciting player. I think out of the 5 QBs (again not that high on Rudolph), Jackson and Mayfield have the best chance of falling in the draft if any of these QBs do fall. Id be cool with either one (Allen is my dream scenario though). If one of these QBs fall to us or near us, I hope we go for it.
hermes
RealGM

Post#18 » by hermes » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:02 am

saw allen this year when they played iowa, you can tell he has the tools and can move around really well but he was tough to evaluate because there was no one around him basically had to do everything himself
SmokeyK
Junior

Post#19 » by SmokeyK » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:34 pm

6th rd - WEINKIE WR South Dakota State

7th rd - Nick DeLuca LB North Dakota St.

UDFA:
Dallas Goedte TE South Dakota State

Bruce Anderson RB North Dakota State

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SmokeyK
Junior

Post#20 » by SmokeyK » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:52 pm

5th rd - Dallas Goedte TE South Dakota State

6th rd - WEINKIE WR South Dakota State

7th rd - Nick DeLuca LB North Dakota St.

UDFA:

Bruce Anderson RB North Dakota State
Chase Vinitari K South Dakota State

Return to Minnesota Vikings