ImageImageImage

Brian Robison

Moderator: Worm Guts

horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Brian Robison 

Post#1 » by horaceworthy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:17 pm

DE from Texas that we traded up with TB to get. He's athletic but needs to learn how to use that on the field a bit more, as well as get stronger.

http://sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/419760

I think he's a good pick, and that we've done a good job this draft addressing needs while still taking one of the top few players on the board.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#2 » by revprodeji » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:22 pm

He is considered one of the top special teams players. Great athletic skills, just has not put it all together on the field yet. He is a project as far as a defensive player, but our special teams are going to be nice with him.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#3 » by dunkonu21 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:37 pm

He is going to be a pass rusher no doubt about it, he will prolly be in a Lance Johnstone type role...he seems very fast
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#4 » by revprodeji » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:42 pm

He is a motor guy. I dont think he will be a high-volume sack guy. I like Edwards more for a Johnstone type. I think he could take some of Scott's role, as well as be one of our top Special teams guys.
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#5 » by horaceworthy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:27 pm

I don't think he'll be a big sack artist like Johnstone's been either, but there's a lot to like about a guy with his type of motor that runs a 4.7 40. Just about everything I've read on him is split though. One place said he had good strength, most others say he needs to work on it. Some said he has good speed off the edge, others say he lacks a 1st step. As long as he can make the opposing QB have to hurry up a bit I'm happy with him. I really hope Erasmus James gets healthy this year though, he's our best edge rusher by far, and he plays with a nasty streak.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by revprodeji » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:06 pm

I agree, James is essential. He basically is a rookie this year.

I see Robison as a key special team guy. These guys can be important.
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#7 » by horaceworthy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:14 pm

My guess is that ST is mainly what Rufus was drafted for. Robison will get some time there as well, but he's got a chance to work his way into the DL rotation.
Dan's with the Wolves
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#8 » by Dan's with the Wolves » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:19 pm

He looked pretty good at DE in the Jets Pre-season game. Sack, forced fumble.

Return to Minnesota Vikings