ImageImageImageImage

2014 AFC Title Game - Patriots @ Broncos, SUN. Jan 19, 3PM

Moderator: Parliament10

ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Re: 2014 AFC Title Game - Patriots @ Broncos, SUN. Jan 19, 3 

Post#21 » by ash_k » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:34 pm

Boston34Bg wrote:Btw, I got 1 question, can you guys tell me what happened to Thompkins, him and Edelman were the best receivers in the first several games of the season, yet he hasn't played at all and it seemed like him and Brady had a good feel for one another, why isn't he playing and is Brandon Spikez injured too?

Injuries and drops have cost Thompkins.

The story around Spike is a lil unclear, it sounds like it was more a suspension than injury as he was late for practice and tweeted about getting late before even getting to the training facility..
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Re: 2014 AFC Title Game - Patriots @ Broncos, SUN. Jan 19, 3 

Post#22 » by Geoffrey P » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:44 am

I don't understand the Spikes thing. He was injured and eventually needed surgery but why cut his season short if he didn't need it right away and could still be effective? He didn't want to be placed on IR and it sounds like they placed him there because he was late for a practice when there was two feet of snow coming down.

I thought Thompkins did alright after he stopped sucking during the first handful of games. Then he missed some games with a concussion, hip injury, and was in the doghouse for some off-field problem I believe.

In terms of stats Amendola was alright when you compare it to his other years. Second in yards/game, third in total yards, first in yards/catch. Still. Edelman was obviously the featured WR this year but he should have done much better. He has Tom Brady throwing the ball, not freaking Sam Bradford.

Pretty good season when you think about it though.
- Welker, Woodhead left
- Gronk out for half of the season, again
- Screw Hernandez
- Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, Vollmer,
- Talib not being 100% for much of the season
- Ridley fumbling problems

Hopefully this offseason they do more than go out and get Adrian Wilson (who didn't play a single snap this season).

Return to New England Patriots