ImageImageImageImage

WEEK 4: Patriots at Chiefs. Mon, Sept 29th, 8:30 PM

Moderator: Parliament10

DoubleHappiness
Analyst
And1: 3,248

Re: WEEK 4: Patriots at Chiefs. Mon, Sept 29th, 8:30 PM 

Post#41 » by DoubleHappiness » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:44 am

Am a bears fan, but, y'all scratched Dobson again. Am confused. Can someone with more knowledge elaborate? How come he's not playing?

Get a QB a line. STAT. Bears got Cutler some receivers and a line and it has paid huge dividends offensively. I respect Belichick and all he's done. But you still need talent up front and at the ends.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,914

Post#42 » by Wingy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:04 am

'Patriot Way' has been garbage all along and masked by prime Brady's brilliance.

Belichick's arrogance is on full display now. Mankins is laughing his ass off. Brady's wondering why he took that huge pay cut. Must be so he can be surrounded by all this talent.

Trying to be cute and 'winning' the draft on value wasted a lot of good Brady years. I have no idea why Mallett and Garoppolo were taken when the WR cupboard has been bare since Moss left.

Bleck. I root for two of the biggest, purely "run your team as a business" franchises in sports in the Pats and Bulls, and it's pretty frustrating as a fanatic.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#43 » by Geoffrey P » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:15 am

I have absolutely NO idea why Thompkins, and Dobson more importantly, are inactive week after week. Dobson was supposed to be that guy that could get downfield and was touted pretty highly. Maybe he thinks that Lafell and Amendola are better options but I don't think a lot of fans are seeing it that way.

Belichik said the reason for being inactive was:
“We just try to take everything into consideration when we go with our final 46-man active roster,” Belichick said during a conference call on Monday. “The game plan, the matchups, the different roles in the kicking game and sometimes how that affects other positions.”

Load of BS IMO. Right now there's no one other than Edelman and Gronk. The offensive line doesn't help but Lafell and Amendola are giving them nearly nothing. There'd be no reason to not give Dobson and Thompkins chances, especially over Amendola.

This team either really blows and incorporating new receivers or at drafting/signing decent receivers. Everywhere you hear about the playbook being too difficult to understand but what the hell do we know.

And I 100% agree on pissing away many of Brady's years. So maddening. Sick of hearing about this bargain bin crap because many times you get what you pay for, and currently they have a pile of crap.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#44 » by GuyClinch » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:05 am

LaFell was best receiver tonight - and did okay last week. Tom Brady and the OLine OTOH.. Don't get caught up in the BB bashing. It's a mistake.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#45 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:20 am

I just think its that toms mindset in conjunction with trying to run certain plays creates this void of confidence and if it isn't perfect it just holds the other players back because tom wont throw to you. Or these young guys just suck.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,816

Post#46 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:16 pm

I'm just not sure why we activated 5 RBs last night and then started out the game with 3 passes. Not loving the coaching on either side of the ball these days. The days of Bill Belichick being a sacred cow around here are over.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Geoffrey P » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Looking at past rosters there's not a whole bunch of guys who have had more than 500 yards in a season as a WR. I don't think 30 yards a game is much to ask for considering you need to average around 4/5 catches to get that. But there's two guys who'll have something like 700+ yards and then after that it's a big drop off to more like 200 yards or less.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#48 » by truth18 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:37 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:I'm just not sure why we activated 5 RBs last night and then started out the game with 3 passes. Not loving the coaching on either side of the ball these days. The days of Bill Belichick being a sacred cow around here are over.

Yup. Over. He needs to do something big, like fire McDaniels, who has proven to be terrible
YOU LOSE
pac213up
General Manager
And1: 3,797

Post#49 » by pac213up » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:43 pm

The only time Amendola should be on the field is when Edelman is not. Dobson or even Tyms needs a shot to open things up down the field. They have no threats beyond 20 yards in the passing game on the few occasions the offensive line holds up. I expect them to try some different things from the WR spot Sunday night.
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Geoffrey P » Fri Oct 3, 2014 5:20 am

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/22751 ... -start.htm

Weird source for news I know but good points

Why we should be worried:
1) Offensive line sucks. Brady already sacked 9 times
2) No one outside of Edelman, who's only good for short distances
3) Revis. Has he really been that shutdown we thought he would be so far?
4) Defense and third down. KC lit them up for 300 yards in a half

Why we shouldn't be worried:
1) Division sucks. As always
2) They're 2-2, with plenty of games to go
3) 4 out of the next 5 games are at home
4) Tyms and Browner set to come back from suspensions
5) Gronk is getting back to form

Return to New England Patriots